This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Cozenage: noun: The art or practice of cozening (deceiving). This is the perfect description for this cowl. It looks like a potentially complicated lace and bobble pattern, but looks can be deceiving! This pattern contains: no lace stitches and no bobble stitches. Instead, it uses a 4 stitch/2 row pattern repeat that is easily memorized and executed. If you can k, p3tog, and k3tog, then you can make this cowl. It’s that simple! The sample, made from slightly less than one skein of bulky yarn on large needles, took one afternoon to complete. This pattern lends itself easily to any circumference, any width, and any yarn weight with appropriately sized needles."
Knitting Needle Size15 or 10 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- US 15 (10mm) 24" Circular needle
- Tapestry Needle
- One Skein Cascade Yarns Salar color Cream
Row1 (RS): K.
Row 2 (WS):*K1, pilst,; rep from * to end of rnd.
Repeat rows 1 & 2 until yarn is almost gone or desired length, ending with row 1 (approximately 3x circumference of cowl is needed for bind off).
Italian BO: K1. *Sl st just worked purlwise back on to left hand needle. Insert needle through first stitch on needle and into second stitch on needle knitwise. Pull second stitch through first stitch without allowing either stitch to drop off of needle and knit through that stitch. Allow both stitches to drop off of left hand needle. (One stitch on right hand needle. One stitch bound off.) Repeat from * until all stitches have been bound off.
Finishing: Weave in ends. Gently block.
- Pillar Stitch: P3tog, leave sts on left needle, Knit same 3 sts together, Purl the same 3 sts together again, and drop from left needle
Read NextHiking Reindeer Cowl
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You