- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Snow Man Gift Card Cozy
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
This DIY gift card holder will bring a smile to anyone's face. Add some extra holiday cheer to your gift cards with the Snow Man Gift Card Cozy. It's hard to make gift cards look personal and thoughtful. Make sure they look special and well thought out with this adorable gift card cozy. This creative gift card idea hugs your gift with warmth and affection. Make the recipient feel all warm and fuzzy inside with this super cute snowman. This charming card holder will make all of your gifts look great.
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge21 stitches, 27 rows, 4 inches. stocking stitch
- Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) Main Color (MC) (00001 White) 1 ball
- Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) Contrast A (00095 Red) 1 ball
- Small amount of Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) Contrast B (01638 Hot Orange) for Nose.
- Set of four size 4 mm (U.S. 6) double-pointed knitting needles
- Size 4 mm (U.S. 6) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- White craft pompom ½" [1 cm]
- 2 black beads for eyes
- 2 sets of small round Loops and Hooks fasteners
- 2 small red buttons for decorations
Gauge: 21 sts and 27 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.
Measurement: Approx 5" [12.5 cm] tall.
- Approx = Approximately.
- Beg = Beginning.
- Inc = Increase 1 stitch by
- knitting into front and back of
- next stitch.
- K = Knit.
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches
- P = Purl.
- St(s) = Stitch(es).
- Rem = Remaining.
- Rep = Repeat.
- Rnd(s) = Round(s).
- RS = Right side.
- Ssk = Slip next 2 stitches
- knitwise one at a time. Pass
- them back onto left-hand
- needle, then knit through
- back loops together.
- WS = Wrong side.
With MC and double-pointed needles, cast on 16 sts. Divide sts onto 3 needles (5, 5, 6). Join in rnd, placing marker on first st.
1st rnd: *Inc 1 st in next st. K6. Inc 1 st in next st. Place marker. Rep from * once more. 20 sts.
2nd and 3rd rnds: *Inc 1 st in next st. Knit to st before marker. Inc 1 st in next st. Rep from * once more. 28 sts after 3rd rnd.
4th rnd: Knit.
5th rnd: As 2nd rnd. Rep last 2 rnds twice more. 40 sts. Knit 5 rnds even.
Next rnd: *K1. ssk. Knit to 3 sts before marker. K2tog. K1. Rep from * once more. Knit 3 rnds even. Rep last 4 rnds twice more.
Next rnd: *K1. ssk. Knit to 3 sts before marker. K2tog. K1. Rep from * once more. 24 sts.
Next rnd: Knit.
1st and 2nd rnds: *Inc 1 st in next st. Knit to st before marker. Inc 1 st in next st. Rep from * once more. 32 sts at end of 2nd rnd. Knit 6 rnds even. Break MC.
1st rnd: With A, knit.
2nd rnd: With A, purl. Rep last 2 rnds once more.
Next rnd: *K1. ssk. Knit to 3 sts before marker. K2tog. K1. Rep from * once more. 28 sts. Knit 3 rnds even. Rep last 4 rnds until there are 8 sts.
Next rnd: (ssk. K2tog) twice. Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem 4 sts. Pull tightly and fasten securely.
Stuff Body lightly (do not stuff Hat). Sew bottom seam. Fold top of Hat to front and sew in position. Sew pom-pom to end of Hat.
With MC and pair of needles, cast on 8 sts.
1st row: (RS). Inc 1 st in first st. K5. Inc 1 st in next st. K1. 10 sts.
2nd row: Inc 1 st purlwise in first st. P7. Inc 1 st purlwise in next st. P1. 12 sts.
3rd row: Inc 1 st in first st. Knit to last 2 sts. Inc 1 st in next st. K1.
4th row: Purl.
5th row: As 3rd row. Rep last 2 rows twice more. 20 sts. Beg with a WS row, knit 2 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Sew Pocket to bottom of Body front. Sew 2 buttons to front of Pocket.
Arms (make 2).
With MC and double-pointed needles, cast on 9 sts. Divide sts onto 3 needles (3 sts on each needle). Join in rnd, placing marker on first st. Knit in rnds until work from beg measures 3" [7.5 cm]. Break MC.
1st rnd: With A, knit.
2nd rnd: Purl.
3rd rnd: K4. Inc 1 st in next st. K4. Knit 2 rnds even.
Next rnd: K5. Cast on 3 sts (thumb). Cast off 3 sts. Knit to end of rnd. Knit 3 rnds even.
Next rnd: (K2tog) 5 times. Break yarn, leaving a long end. Draw end through rem sts. Pull tightly. Fasten securely.
Sew Arms to sides of Body. Sew Hooks and Loops fasteners to Mittens and sides of Arms to create "hug".
With B, cast on 3 sts. Cast off. Sew Nose in position. Sew beads for eyes.
Read NextTiny Elf
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Classic Inaugural Cloche
Feel as glamorous as can be even when it's chilly out. This Classic Inaugural Cloche was designed to match a similar hat worn by an… Continue reading: "Classic Inaugural Cloche"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- Simple Garter Stitch Dishcloth
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You