Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- see all comments
"Hi, I can't find the knitting pattern for this book, can I have it please?"
"With the page open, right click on your mouse, this will open a new window, in the new window scroll down to and click on print. That will take you to print review, in print preview change "all" to just the pages that the pattern is on and click print. Using the cut and copy feature to paste the document into another program for printing is actually a violation of international copyright laws, but printing directly from the page is permitted. Hope this helps someone. Happy knitting!"
"This is not a free pattern, so not sure why it is still featured on an "all free knitting" website."
Wildflower Ruffle Baby Booties
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Every baby looks cuter with ruffles. These Wildflower Ruffle Baby Booties are guaranteed to increase your baby's cuteness tenfold. With easy baby booties like these, you have to wonder why people still go out and buy them. The coloring and playfulness of the design make these booties perfect for baby girls, but if you like the shaping of the booties, you can always knit your baby boy a pair without the ruffles. Try knitting your little one a matching cardigan or hat with ruffled details for the baby set to end all baby sets.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge1 stitches, 2 rows, 3 inches. stockinette stitch
- RED HEART® Soft Baby Steps®: 9590 Lavender (A) - 1 ball
- RED HEART® Boutique Sashay Mini™: 2847 Parfait (B) - 1 ball
- Susan Bates® Double-Pointed Needles: One set 5 mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Sewing needle and matching thread
Directions are for foot sizes: 3 1/2 (4, 4 1/2)"
A, B = Color A, B
k = knit
cm = centimeters
st(s) = stitch(es)
St st = stockinette stitch
* or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
Gauge: 20 sts = 4" [10 cm]; 28 rounds = 4" [10 cm] in St st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
S2KP = slip next two sts together knitwise to right needle; knit next st, pass the two slipped sts over knit st and off right needle.
SSK = Slip next 2 stitches, one at a time as if to knit, to right needle, insert point of left needle through front of sts, knit these sts together through back loop.
Boutique Sashay Mini™ has two edges. One edge has plain loops and the other edge has a “railroad” like edge. Work into the plain loops when picking up stitches.
With one double-pointed needle, cast on as follows:
*Using B, skip first 2 loops, insert needle into next 3 loops of B, wrap A around needle as if to knit, pass 3 B loops over A* - 1 st cast on.
Repeat from *27 (27, 31) times—28 (28, 32) sts.
Do not join. Turn. Cut B about 1" [2.5 cm] from last loop worked.
Row 1: *K1, p1; repeat from * across. Divide sts onto 3 double-pointed needles, join in a round, being careful not to twist sts.
Rounds 2-8 (9, 10): *K1, p1; repeat from * around.
Next Rounds: Knit 6 rounds.
Row 1: K8 (8, 10); turn, leaving remaining sts unworked.
Row 2: Purl.
Repeat last 2 rows 6 (7, 7) times.
Next Row: K1, ssk, k2, k2tog, k1. Do not turn - 6 (6, 8) sts
On same needle, pick up and knit 10 (11, 11) sts alongside of instep, k4 (4, 5); on next needle k12; on next needle, k4 (4, 5), pick up and knit 10 (11, 11) sts from instep—46 (48, 52) sts. Place marker to indicate beginning of round at tip of toe.
Next Rounds: Knit 5 rounds.
For foot size 4 1/2" [11.5 cm] only: [K3, s2kp, k14, s2kp, k3] 2 times - 44 sts.
Round 1: [K2, s2kp, k13 (14, 12), s2kp, k2] 2 times - 38 (40, 36) sts.
Round 2: [K1, s2kp, k11 (12, 10), s2kp, k1] 2 times - 30 (32, 28) sts.
Round 3: [S2kp, k9 (11, 8), s2kp] 2 times - 22 (24, 20) sts.
Arrange sts so that there are 11 (12,10) sts on each of 2 needles, running parallel to each other along the sole. Graft sts together along center sole. See "Grafting" instructions below. Weave in ends.
With needle and thread, sew ends of B together.
Thread yarn needle with long length of yarn. Hold the two needles in the left hand with wrong sides together. Keeping the yarn needle and yarn under the points of the knitting needles, graft the stitches together as follows:
*1. Insert yarn needle through first st of front needle as if to knit and slip the st off.
2. Insert needle through 2nd st of front needle as if to purl, but leave the st on the needle.
3. Insert yarn through first st on back needle as if to purl and slip the st off.
4. Insert yarn through 2nd stitch on back needle as if to knit, but leave st on needle.
Repeat from * until all the sts are joined.
Take care to draw yarn up so that gauge of grafting equals gauge of knitting. Fasten off. Weave in ends on wrong side.
Read NextBasic Knit Baby Booties Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jun 28, 2017
Ruffled baby booties, what a clever idea! I use to crochet lace on socks years ago. But here is a modern design. I can only imagine all the color ideas you can come up with. And nice thing a very quick gift that. Deck the little princess out in Glam
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam
Knitting a hat doesn't need to take up your whole weekend. This Pink Quick-Knit Beanie can be completed in just hours to give you a… Continue reading: "Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam"
- Wildflower Ruffle Baby Booties
- Basic Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- 25 Free Knitting Patterns for Baby Booties and Socks
- Precious Angel Baby Booties
- Bitty Baby Uggs
- Baby Hug Boots
- Easiest Baby Booties Pattern
- World's Easiest Knit Baby Booties
- Crazy Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Shimmery Simple Knit Baby Booties
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Stylish Cardigan With Colorful Stripes
- Unisex Winter Hat
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You