- see all comments
"Looks like a nice project, however the patterns from this website that are featured are frequently missing so much essential information, that some of them are useless. The website for the yarn has to be translated and the translation to english is not great, so proves to be more than a little frustrating."
"There is no "book" you must click on the link to see the pattern on the page it links to. After you get to the page, you need to scroll down about 1/3 of the page to find the written pattern there. Hope this helps, happy knitting."
"Sorry, I don't know of a video for that stitch pattern. I did make this project about 10 or so years ago and I remember that it did not really look like the picture until it was completed, while it was on the needles it looked like it wasn't lining up. Is it possible that is what is happening with you?"
"Hi, I can't find the knitting pattern for this book, can I have it please?"
AllFreeKnitting.com is an all-inclusive knitting website and community that provides over 12,000 free knitting patterns, video tutorials, how to content, infographics, eBooks, and informational resources for yarn enthusiasts of all skill levels. We work with some of the best knit designers in the industry to deliver accessible content in an innovative manner.
Our readers are mainly retired at-home knitters who enjoy budget-friendly knitting patterns they can make for their loved ones in a short amount of time. AllFreeKnitting.com readers love making handcrafted garments and accessories for themselves, as well as their family members, friends, and charity organizations.
Some of our most popular content includes baby knitting patterns, scarves, hats, sweaters, and dishcloths. Our readers particularly enjoy quick and easy one-skein patterns and sentimental baby patterns such as knit blankets and booties.
Check out our staff page to meet the editors of AllFreeKnitting!
Quick Facts about Prime Publishing
Our goal is to provide five minutes of fun every day in the life of a crafter, as well as quick and easy ideas for any occasion.
- More than 34 million monthly page views by crafters, makers, and DIYers.
- More than 5.1 million email newsletter subscribers.
- 50+ websites that cover everything from knitting and crochet to food and wine!
- More than 5 million followers/subscribers on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.
- In-house video studio, two test kitchens, and 20+ full-time editors show our commitment to creating quality content for crafts.
- Proud publisher of Wildfowl Carving magazine, Rug Hooking magazine, plus I Like Knitting, I Like Crochet, and We Like Sewing digital magazines.
Contact Us: For more questions about AllFreeKnitting, our newsletters, or our projects, check out our Contact Us page.
Submit Your Project: Become a published crafter! Submit Your Project today.
Virtual Events: Join us via Zoom for an online crafting class! Learn more about FaveCrafts Studio Live here.
FAQs: Still can't find what you're looking for? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Connect with Us
About Our Free eNewsletters
Knit Picky Patterns
Novice and experienced knitters alike will love the wide variety of patterns, tutorials, tips, and techniques. Discover patterns for cowls, hats, and scarves, as well as projects for special occasions, holidays, and more.
Knitting Pattern of the Day
Get daily free knitting patterns delivered straight to your inbox.
The Giveaway Gazette
Find out about all of the newest giveaways featured on all of Prime Publishing's sister sites. Each week there are more than 36 different contests you can enter, featuring prizes like cookware, yarn, kitchen gadgets, and more!
About Prime Publishing
Prime Publishing LLC is a leader in building multi-platform brands that inform, inspire, and engage consumer audiences. Meeting at the intersection of information and engagement, and powered by innovation, the Prime Publishing brands span digital websites, email newsletters, social media, and e-commerce. Our diverse group of cooking and crafting properties allows consumers to enjoy the content they desire on their desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, and more.
We Care: We love to give back to our community whenever we can. Over the years, we have worked with organizations such as Project Linus, American Heart Association, Warm Up America, Rush University Medical Center, Help Heal Veterans, Feed My Starving Children, and the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Learn more about our charity work here.
Awards & Recognition:
- YouTube's Silver Creator Award Winner: Our sister property, AllFreeCrochet, was our first property to receive YouTube's Silver Creator Award. This is awarded to YouTube channels that reach or surpass 100,000 subscribers. Learn more about this major milestone here.
- Mequoda's Rocket Award Winner: Many of our of properties over the years have received Mequoda's Rocket Award. The Rocket Award annually recognizes and honors the fastest growing media properties. Learn more about this achievement here.
Proud Members and Supporters of
Project of the Day
Easy Child's Poncho Pattern
"Pattern shown is sized for a 4-5 year old girl. Pattern worked in one piece except for the collar. Piece measures 12" across the… Continue reading: "Easy Child's Poncho Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Loose Ends
- Easy To Knit Slipper Pattern Knit Flat With Bulky Yarn On Straight Needles
- Waffle Stitch Pattern
- Stylish Cardigan With Colorful Stripes
- Unisex Winter Hat
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You