FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions
Knit Picky Patterns is the free email knitting newsletter published by the editors of AllFreeKnitting.com. We publish Knit Picky Patterns four times per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday). Included in these mailings are some of the best free knitting patterns our site has to offer. The editors at AllFreeKnitting.com also publish 3 - 5 Knit Picky Patterns special offers issues each week with deals and offers for AllFreeKnitting readers. Each of the standard issues revolves around a knitting theme, such as knit afghans, knit baby patterns, and everything else from A - Z. Here is what is included in Knit Picky Patterns every week:
- 20-100 new knitting patterns
- Knitting giveaways- enter to win books every other Thursday
- New knitting eBooks to download for free
- Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter updates
Many people contact us asking how to subscribe for AllFreeKnitting.com newsletters. Signing up for the free knitting newsletter Knit Picky Patterns is simple. Just go to our Newsletter Signup Page and fill in your information. You can also click Subscribe at the bottom of any page at AllFreeKnitting.com to get to this sign-up form.
We support the Hassle-Free unsubscribe at AllFreeKnitting.com. To unsubscribe from the knitting email newsletter, you can simply click the “Hassle-Free Unsubscribe” image at the bottom of any issue of Knit Picky Patterns or click the Unsubscribe link also provided at the bottom of each mailing. You can also unsubscribe at the website here.
Find out how to use your My Crafts account to save crafts for reference later. You can find step-by-step instructions here.
Please visit the following link in order to change your email address for newsletter subscriptions.
Please note that if you also have a site account for a pattern box, you will need to log in and change your email address under “My Account.”
1. Click the Tools menu. (On a Mac, click the Firefox menu.)
2. Select Options. (On a Mac, select Preferences.)
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Select the 'Accept cookies from sites' checkbox.
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click on the Tools menu (located at the upper right hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.)
2. Select Settings.
3. Click "Show advanced settings."
4. Under the Privacy header, click the "Content settings..." button.'
5. Select "Allow local data to be set (recommended)."
6. Click "Done."
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
1. Click the "Tools" button.
2. Click "Internet Options."
3. Click the "Privacy" tab, and then, under "Settings," move the slider to Medium or Low.
4. Click "Apply."
Internet Explorer 6 or 7
1. Click the Tools menu.
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Click the Default button (or manually slide the bar down to 'Medium').
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click the Safari menu.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Click Security.
4. In the 'Accept Cookies' section, select Always.
*If you have cookies enabled but use certain features such as SafeSearch, you may also need to allow third-party cookies such as those from AllFreeKnitting.
See your projects and crafting tips published on FaveCrafts.com! You can submit your original projects and tutorials by using our Share Your Project form. Projects must include a photo and must be your own original creations. Projects are reviewed by our editorial staff and are added based on timeliness, quality, and overall need on the site. If/when your project is added, you will receive an email containing the link to your uploaded tutorial. Use this form and submit your projects today!
AllFreeKnitting eBooks are free, downloadable knitting pattern collections organized around a theme, such as Valentine's Day, cozy afghans or ideas for left-over yarn. These eBooks are PDF documents that can be downloaded off our website, saved to your computer, and/or printed out for easy reference while crafting. We think eBooks are a great way to offer a free collection of knitting patterns to our users. For more advantages to eBooks, see our eBook Guide. We publish new eBooks every month. The newest eBooks are listed here. You can find our complete collection of knitting eBooks here.
Go to our Free Knitting eBooks page and click on the eBook that interests you. You will need Adobe to access our eBooks, but you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. For help downloading the eBooks, see our eBook Guide. You will also find links to patterns, diagrams and other resources in knitting patterns published in the eBooks. If a link in a PDF knitting pattern does not work, type in the project name into the search box at our website to locate the project and please contact us.
The AllFreeKnitting.com editorial team loves giving away knitting products to our readers. Every Thursday, we feature a new contest to win a knitting related prize. These knitting books and products are reviewed by our testing team. You can enter the contest via the entry form on the contest page. See all current and upcoming giveaways here.
Weekly giveaways last two weeks. Winners are notified by email, and they have two weeks to send back their affidavits in order to claim the prize. Once those two weeks have passed we will pick a different winner. In addition to standard entry via the form on the contest page, we will give you an extra entry in the contest for EACH of the following items:
- We will give you an extra entry if you blog about the giveaway at your blog. Contact us with a link to the blog post.
- We will give you an extra entry if you tweet about the giveaway. Use the tweet button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
- We will give you an extra entry if you post about the giveaway on Facebook. Use the Like button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
You can look for new giveaways in the newsletter every Thursday. For more specific rules regarding a giveaway, please see the Rules link at the bottom of any contest page.
American Needlepoint Guild
CHA: Craft and Hobby Association
Craft Yarn Council of America
Knits by Britt
Lion Brand Yarn
National NeedleArts Association
Red Heart Yarn (Coats and Clark)
If you want to link to AllFreeKnitting.com, we are more than happy to exchange links with you. Just follow this link and learn how. If you'd like AllFreeKnitting to link to your website or blog, consider submitting a knitting pattern. Designers who submit two or more knitting patterns to AllFreeKnitting are eligible for a designer profile, which can include links to your blog, website, Facebook fan page, Etsy shop, etc.
To ensure that the email we send you ends up in your inbox, and isn't mistakenly sent to the junk folder, please whitelist our email address, which is mail@AllFreeKnitting.com. For instructions on how to do so, click here.
If you want to disable browser (Copush) notifications, please visit this link to learn how.
Updated April 22, 2015
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Mary Beth Temple
- Watermelon Baby Booties
- How to Knit the Soft Curves Stitch
- Beginner Little Black Tank
- Jimmy's Micro-Brewed Series Yarn Subscription
- One Skein Knit Leg Warmers
- Arm Knit Vase
- How to Make the Most Out of One Skein of Yarn
- How to Knit Asynchronous Lace