Easy "Corduroy" Scarf
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"I wanted to make a scarf as a for someone and when I asked their favorite color, the answer was "burgundy" and also "I like the texture of corduroy." There's a Lion Brand claret yarn that is burgundy--but has bits of red and purple in it--that I just love. I searched for a knit stitch that would be reminiscent of a corduroy texture. I did find a few things, but they were pretty complicated and labor intensive. With a little experimenting, I came up with something that I think looks more like corduroy and it is so easy, it's ridiculous. Make sure you cast on multiples of 3 plus two additional stitches. Otherwise the "right side" and "wrong side" won't align properly for this stitch. In the example, I knit all stitches to the back (it's how I learned to knit) and since that is looser, I used 4.5 mm needles)."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You