Easy "Corduroy" Scarf
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"I wanted to make a scarf as a for someone and when I asked their favorite color, the answer was "burgundy" and also "I like the texture of corduroy." There's a Lion Brand claret yarn that is burgundy--but has bits of red and purple in it--that I just love. I searched for a knit stitch that would be reminiscent of a corduroy texture. I did find a few things, but they were pretty complicated and labor intensive. With a little experimenting, I came up with something that I think looks more like corduroy and it is so easy, it's ridiculous. Make sure you cast on multiples of 3 plus two additional stitches. Otherwise the "right side" and "wrong side" won't align properly for this stitch. In the example, I knit all stitches to the back (it's how I learned to knit) and since that is looser, I used 4.5 mm needles)."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This beautiful knit infinity scarf pattern is the perfect addition to your pile of knit accessories. The Lace and Mohair Infinity… Continue reading: "Lace and Mohair Infinity Scarf"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You