"Knitted with three strands of worsted-weight yarn, Plait Hat has a darling braided loop up top. It's also a great stash-buster, as you could knit it with 3 different yarns for a marl effect."
Knitting Needle Size11 or 8 mm, 13 or 9 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge10 stitches, 18 rows, 4 inches. stockinette
- 2 skeins Quince and Co. Lark (134 yards / 123 meters per 50g skein, pictured in Sabine) or approximately 195-200 yards worsted-weight yarn, held triple throughout
- 16in. circular needle and set of DPNs in size needed to match gauge (suggested size US13/9mm)
- 16in. circular needle two sizes smaller for ribbing (suggested size US11/8mm)
- 3 stitch markers and 1 contrasting Beginning of Round marker
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Find all the best cold weather hat patterns by checking out our collection of 56 Knit Hat Patterns for the Winter.
Read NextMarshmallow Fluff Chunky Hat