Cocoa Free Wrap Style Cardigan Knitting Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Cocoa is a great pattern to get started in Knitting, a real beginners design by Azize Sterling. We are sure you will love it. It is knitted in Artesano DK Handpainted alpaca and wool blend."
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm, 7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge20 stitches, 26 rows, 4 inches.
- 10, 10, 12 hanks of handpainted dk colour waterlily from Artesano Yarns
- 10, 10, 12 hanks of Artesano Hand-Painted DK Yarn - EY03 Waterlily
- 1 pair Brittany 4.00mm needles
- 1 pair Brittany 4.50mm needles
- 1 circular needle, size 4.50mm ( length – 40cms)
Tension: 20sts and 26rows to 4” (10cms) on 4.50mm needles over stocking stitch.
Sizing: Overall size of rectangle –
Width : 24(28, 32)”, 61(71, 81)cms.
Length : 48(51, 54)”, 122(129, 137) cms
Length from shoulder: 17(20, 23)” 43(51, 58)cms
Sleeve length: 18” (46)cms
This garment is worked sideways from centre left front to centre right front.
Using 4.00mm needles, cast on 120(140, 160)sts Work in garter stitch (every row knit) for 1 ½” (4cms)
Change to 4.50mm needles and proceed as follows:
Row 1: knit
Row 2: k22 (top border), purl to last 11sts (bottom border), knit to end.
Repeat last 2 rows until work measures 16(17, 18)” 40(43, 46)cms ending on right side row.
1st row: k22, p9(18, 23)sts, cast off 40(40, 45)sts, p38(49, 59)sts, knit to end.
2nd row: knit, casting on 40(40, 45) over armhole shaping making sure that casting off and casting on are worked loosely.
Continue as set for a further 16(17, 18)” 40(43, 46)cms, ending on right side row.
Repeat armhole as before.
Complete to match left front finishing with garter stitch border.
Using 4.50mm circular needle, and starting at bottom of armhole, pick up 80(80, 90)sts evenly round armhole. Place marker at bottom of armhole to show beginning of round. Work in rounds.
Check your tension as work could be tighter when knitting in rounds.
Knit 4 rounds.
Next row: k1, k2tog, knit to last 3sts before marker, k2tog, k1.
Repeat last row every 1” (2cms), 15(15, 10) times. 50(50, 70)sts
Then after every ½” (1.5cms), 5(5, 15) times.
When work measures 18” (46cms), ending at marker, turn.
Work in normal rows (no longer in rounds) and garter stitch for 1 ½” (4cms). Cast off.
Sew in ends and tighten any loose stitches round armhole.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cabled Baby Cardigan Sweater
- 27 Free Knitting Patterns for Premature Babies
- Premature Baby Sets
- 22 Knitted Vests for the Whole Family
- How to Knit an SK2P Decrease
- How to Knit an SSP Decrease (Slip, Slip, Purl)
- Patons Alpaca Yarn
- Gracious Grey Sweater
- The Watermelon Hat
- Hummingbird Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You