This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
New Favorites from Lion Brand: 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Scarves, Afghans and More
Southwest Sunset Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"The 16 stitch knitted panel is simple to memorize and works over a 2 row repeat. The points at the end are highlighted with small fringes of only 3 strands of yarn used for each fringe. It does work up fairly quickly because of the chunky yarn. The blanket is sized for a 50″ x 60″ throw. The stitch pattern works in multiples of 16+2, so you can customize the size to your liking. I’ve created a video to help with starting your blanket, placing stitch markers, binding off and working with the fringe."
Knitting Needle Size10.5 or 6.5 mm
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
- King Cole Safari Chunky yarn (5.25 oz / 150 g; 311 yds / 285 m; 100% Premium Acrylic; #5 Chunky weight) In color “Sunset” – approximately 5 skeins or 1550 yards / 1418 meters
- Size US 10.5 / 6.5 mm 32″ / 82 cm circular knitting needle
- Size US J / 6 mm crochet hook or tool to help with fringe
- 10 stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Ruler or tape measure
Read NextWarm & Cozy Blanket Knitting Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Do you ever have those days where you just want to laze around the house in your comfiest clothes? All you're missing is this Lazy Day… Continue reading: "Lazy Day Striped Pullover Pattern"
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You