New Favorites from Lion Brand: 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Scarves, Afghans and More
Dit Dah Square
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This 12” square for a baby blanket is made in the Dots and Dashes knitting pattern. There are a lot of patterns in the world with that title though, so I was trying to think of something different. 12" square, made in DK weight cotton, perfect for a baby blanket, washcloth or dishcloth. My father served in WWII as a telegraph operator. He used to talk about how he learned the short tap was a dit and a long tap was a dah. He even had terrible telegrapher jokes that were among his dad jokes file. So I give to you the Dit Dah square! "
Knitting Needle Size5 or 3.75 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You