- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
2-Hour Puppy Scrubby
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
This friendly 2-Hour Puppy Scrubby is nice to have on hand by the sink or bathtub to make washing up more fun. You won't be able to resist this little guy's sweet face and this is an easy free knitting pattern that won't take long to complete. Kids will love using this knitted washcloth and it will definitely make doing the dishes more fun. The puppy is made in neutral colors, but you can get creative and work up a knit scrubby using any color combination you desire. If you love dogs or know someone who does, this knit scrubby pattern will make a great housewarming gift.
Knitting Needle Size5 or 3.75 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
GaugeGauge is not critical for this project.
Finished SizeScrubby measures 6½” [16.5 cm] x 6½” [16.5 cm].
- RED HEART® Scrubby™: 1 ball each 938 Almond A, 930 Marble B, and 10 Coconut C
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 3.75mm [US 5]
- Small amount of black yarn, yarn needle
kfb: Knit 1 front and back (increase) Knit next st, then knit it through back loop.
With A, cast on 34 sts.
Row 1: [K1, p1] across.
Repeat Row 1 until piece measures 6½” [16.5 cm] from beginning.
Bind off in pattern.
Ear (make 2)
With B, cast on 6 sts.
Rows 1-4: Knit.
Row 5: K1, kfb, k2, kfb, k1 – 8 sts.
Row 6: Knit.
Repeat Row 6 until piece measures 3¾” [9.5 cm] from beginning.
Next Row: K1, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k1 – 6 sts.
Next Row: Knit.
Next Row: K1, [k2tog] 2 times, k1 – 4 sts.
Next Row: [K2tog] 2 times – 2 sts.
Next Row: K2tog.
Fasten off, leaving a long end.
With A, cast on 16 sts.
Fold in half, lining up ends. Sew ends in center of top of Face.
With C, cast on 5 sts.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: Kfb, knit to last st, kfb – 7 sts.
Row 3: Knit.
Rows 4-7: Repeat Rows 2-3 – 11 sts at end of Row 7.
Rows 8-10: Knit.
Row 11: K2tog, knit to last 2 sts, k2tog – 9 sts.
Rows 12-15: Repeat Rows 10-11 – 5 sts at end of Row 15.
Bind off, leaving long end of yarn.
Sew ears on either side of Puppy Face. Using Black, embroider nose and eyes in satin stitch on Snout. Embroider mouth in straight stitch. Sew Snout in center of Face.
Weave in ends.
- A, B, C
- Color A, B, C
- knit 2 sts together
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Read NextNana's Favorite Dishcloth Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Dec 16, 2016
I was thinking about this for a washcloth, but was afraid the scrubby yarn would be too much. Now I'm thinking about possibly using cotton yarn for a washcloth for some young boys. Do you think that would work? I've never knit with the scrubby yarn before.
Apr 08, 2016
These are so cute! I think I will make them as gifts!
Apr 07, 2016
Too cute! This puppy's face is so sweet. Washing dishes may actually be fun if you use this adorable scrubby.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Magentalicious Cowl is a beautiful deep color that will catch anyone's eye. The simple design is perfect for chilly autumn days… Continue reading: "Magentalicious Cowl"
- Nana's Favorite Dishcloth Pattern
- Free Hearted Washcloth
- Roman Stripe Knitted Facecloth
- The Most Patriotic Dishcloth
- Striping Sparkle Scrubby
- How to Knit a Dishcloth Pattern: 14 Patterns for Beginners
- Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth
- Crazy Eights Circular Dishcloth
- Sunshine Seed Stitch Dishcloth
- Diagonal Knit Dishcloth Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- Simple Garter Stitch Dishcloth
- Double Seed Stitch Dishcloth
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You