Broken Rib Cowl and Headband
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Get ready for winter with this broken rib cowl and headband duo. Made with super bulky yarn and fat needles, you'll have this all knit up in a couple of evenings. And the best thing is it's easy enough for beginners. This knitting pattern uses simple knit and purl stitches making it a fast and easy knitting project. With the holidays just around the corner you might want to knit more than one."
Knitting Needle Size15 or 10 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge2.5 stitches, 4 rows, 1 inches. 2.5 stitches and 4 rows per inch
- 2 Skeins Super Bulky Yarn
- US 15 (10mm) straight knitting needles
For the cowl I added 2 extra stitches for the edges, and on every row I slipped the first stitch as if to knit and I knit the last stitch. This size cowl took one ball of yarn and was approximately 29 inches long. If you want to make it longer just add a new ball of yarn and continue on in pattern.
For the headband, rather than slip the first stitch of every row I knit it and gave it a good tug to keep an even edge and I knit the last stitch. Make sure to measure your head. What you want to do is knit the headband about - 1 shorter than the width of your head. It should fit nice and snug without being too tight.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Can you smell it? Spring is just around the corner. Don't put away your knitting needles just yet. This Lavender Fields Easy Knit… Continue reading: "Lavender Fields Easy Knit Shawl Pattern"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You