Hanging Kitchen Towels
Charm and practicality collide in the Hanging Kitchen Towels. This darling knit dish towel pattern is the perfect addition to your well-kept kitchen. Featuring wavy chevron stitches and an ingenious buttoned loop, you'll wonder how you ever got along without the Hanging Kitchen Towels. These sweet towels make a lovely housewarming present. Have fun mixing and matching colors for a set that will match your personal decor.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Premier Yarns® Home Cotton (85% cotton, 15% polyester; 400gm/700 yds)
- #59-11 Cornflower (A) – 1 ball
- #59-02 Cream (B) – 1 ball
- Needle: US Size 7 (4.5 mm) straight needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Notions: Tapestry needle, stitch markers, 1-1” button
20 sts x 32 rows = 4” in garter st
Save time, check your gauge.
Length: 14” not including hanging loop
Chevron Stitch (multiple of 13 sts + 1)
Row 1 (RS): With A, * kfb, k4, ssk, k2tog, k3, kfb; rep to last st, k1.
Row 2: With A, knit.
Rep Rows 1-2, 3 more times
Row 9: With B, * kfb, k4, ssk, k2tog, k3, kfb; rep to last st, k1.
Row 10: With B, purl.
Rep Rows 1-10 for patt.
With A, cast on 53 sts.
Knit 1 row.
Work in Chevron Stitch until Towel meas 13” ending with Row 2.
Next Row: With A, *k5, ssk, pm, k2tog, k4; rep to last st, k1 – 45 sts. Knit 1 row.
Dec Row: * K to 2 bef m, ssk, sm, ktog; rep 3 more times, k to end – 8 sts dec’d.
Knit 1 row.
Rep last 2 rows, 4 more times.
Next Row: *SSk, k1; rep from * to last 4 sts, ssk, k2tog – 8 sts rem.
Knit 36 rows.
Row 1: k2, bind off 4 sts, k2.
Row 2: k2, cast on 4 sts, k2.
Knit 4 rows. Bind off all sts.
Sew button at beginning of hanging loop.
Weave in all ends.
- knit into the front and back of the next st (2 st inc'd)
- knit 2 sts together (1 st dec'd)
- right side
- slip next 2 sts individually knitwise, slip them back to left needle in this position, knit them together through the back loops (1 st dec’d)
- St st
- Stockinette stitch: Knit on RS rows, purl on WS rows
Read NextEasy Farmhouse Kitchen Dishcloths