67 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays
By: Nicola Trumbull, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you’re looking for knit scarves to give as gifts or a warm cowl for yourself, look no further. 67 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays is a collection of the best scarf and cowl knitting patterns. Not only do these patterns produce wonderful looking scarves, but they are meant for winter. That means these scarves and cowls are chunky, warm, thick, and soft.
Knitting cowl patterns are addicting. You won’t want to stop knitting these fun and stylish cowls that are sure to keep out the cold. Some are loose fitting and others are tighter to give you a choice of comfort.
Most of these scarves are fun and brightly colored--perfect for that extra splash of color on those grey winter days. You can easly make these knitting patterns in any color you like. Try the neutral colored scarves for an elegant and practical scarf that will look good with any color coat.
67 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays
Table of Contents
You've got the scarves and cowls, but what about the hats? Check out How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family for everything you need to complete your holiday set.
The knitted cowl fashion trend is sweeping the nation, and it's not hard to see why. Keep Jack Frost at bay with these cozy cowls. From bright bubblegum pink to a more subtle dark purple, these knit cowl patterns are just begging to be knit. The hardest part will be deciding which free knitting pattern to work up first. With so many excellent options to choose from, you will have everyone on your gift list taken care of in no time. No one can resist such a practical and beautiful handmade present for the holiday season. Plus, a pop of color is just what the doctor ordered on gray days when the sun is nowhere to be seen. Work up one of these brightly colored knit cowl patterns and spread light to all those around you.
- True Blue Ribbed Cowl - pictured
- Bubblegum Cowl
- Country Cowl Tutorial
- Lacy Christmas Cowl
- Bird's Eye Scarf
- City Girl Cowl
- Four Row Holey Cowl
- Canaletto Cowl
- Fretted Band Cowl
- Mirage Cowl
- Sunset Brioche Cowl
- Easy Cozy Cowl
- Chevron Lace Cowl Knitting Pattern
- Let It Slip Knit Cowl
If you're going for a more subtle look with your accessories this year, cast on one of these neutral knitting cowl patterns. Don't these beautiful knits look great with darker clothing? Fall in love with the way the Chic Gray cowl looks in black or the way the buttons accent the Snowy Buttoned Cowl. Any fashionista in your life will love wearing one of these neutral cowls out and about. The versatility of these cowl knitting patterns really sets them apart from the rest. You can pair them with anything in your wardrobe and look effortlessly put together in no time. At the end of the day, when it comes to neutral knitting patterns, you really can't go wrong, because they'll work with practically everything and anything currently in your wardrobe.
- Gap Tastic Cowl
- Burberry Inspired Cowl
- Chic Gray Cowl
- Chunky Knit Snowball Cowl
- Snowy Buttoned Cowl - pictured
- Easy Infini Cowl
- Easy Cowl Pattern
- Cabled Cowl Scarf
- Bittersweet Cowl
- Maplewood Cowl
- Lazy Friday Cowl
- Two Ways Giant Knit Cowl
These knitting patterns for scarves are the best of the best. Try the Cobalt Ruffled scarf for some extra flair or the Memory Lapse scarf for a bright design. With so many colors and patterns, there is definitely a scarf here for you. After all, you can't go wrong with color. A bright scarf wrapped around your neck will turn even a gray and snowy day around. In the winter, when it seems as if everything is covered in white, you can really stand out from the crowd with one of these beautiful knit scarf patterns. The rich hues are simply irresistible! Plus, you can wear a scarf so many different ways - the possibilities are simply endless.
- Garter Drop-Stitch Scarf
- Beginner's Fair Isle Scarf
- Dragon Scale Keyhole Scarf
- Fitzgerald Scarf
- Memory Lapse Scarf
- Cobalt Ruffled Scarf
- Easiest Ever Accordion Scarf
- Winter Leaves Scarf
- Spiced Plum Scarf - pictured
- Irish Hooded Scarf
- Cable Avenue Knit Scarf
- Ojos de Bruja Scarf
- Jumbo Stripe Scarf
- Milky Way Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Apricot Cocoa Striped Scarf Pattern
- Blue Steel Knit Scarf
Running out of time until Christmas? Get some excellent last minute gift ideas with Countdown to Christmas: 14 Last Minute Knitted Gifts!
Just like the neutral cowls, these free knitting patterns for scarves look great with just about everything. Try the Braided Loaves Scarf pattern for a tan scarf or the Bobble Cable Ascot for a stylish little scarf. Cowl and scarf knitting patterns can be the perfect addition to a tasteful, simple outfit. If you're knitting a scarf for a loved one and you're not sure if he or she is into wearing a lot of color, then a neutral piece is the way to go. You can't go wrong when it comes to these versatile colors, because they really do work with anything and everything.
- Super Bulky Two Ball Scarf
- Easy Mistake Stitch Scarf
- Braided Loaves Scarf
- Elegant Seed Stitch Scarf - pictured
- New York Scarf
- The Perfect Men's Scarf
- Midnight Goddess Scarf
- Beginner's Bulky Scarf
- Reversible Cable Scarf
- Pom Pom Easy Knit Scarf
- Eggnog Knit Scarf Pattern
- Warm and Cozy Garter Ridge Scarf
- Honeycomb Twist Knit Super Scarf
- Cascades Knit Scarf
These free knitting patterns for infinity scarves are just what your wardrobe is missing! We've supplied you with five bonus scarf knitting patterns in case the first thirty-nine weren't enough and, let's face it--if you're an avid knitter, they probably weren't! You'll adore these patterns, but good luck giving them away as gifts and not keeping them all for yourself! Enjoy these wonderful free knitting patterns for the holidays. In fact, these beautiful scarf and cowl patterns are perfect all year round. You don't need a special occasion in order to work up one of these delightful patterns, so grab those needles and cast on! Whether you make one of these infinity scarves for yourself or a loved one, you are guaranteed to have a good time and spread joy to all those around you.
- Easy Winter Infinity Scarf
- Up North Infinity Scarf
- Homespun Circle Scarf - pictured
- Cozy Eternity Scarf
- Burnished Rose Infinity Scarf
- The Easiest Elegant Infinity Scarf
- Checkmate Knit Infinity Scarf
- Cozy Weekend Infinity Scarf
- Two Hour Princess Scarf
- Lavender Lace Infinity Scarf
- Purple Ombre Infinity Scarf
What's your favorite thing to knit for the holidays?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 27+ Knit Christmas Tree Ornament Patterns
- 67 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays
- 16+ Free Christmas Knitting Patterns: Santas, Reindeer and More
- Tiny Tree Ornaments
- Christmas Tree Pot Holder
- "5 Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns" eBook
- 39 DIY Christmas Gifts: A Knit Gift Guide
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas eBook
- Christmas Colors Stocking
- Santa's Little Helper Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- 11 Free Knitting Patterns for 4th of July
- 5 Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns