The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
"Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More" eBook
By: Audrey Huggett, Editor for AllFreeKnitting.com
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
I often forget about the warmth of summer until I’m halfway through a wool sweater and wondering why the yarn insists on sticking to my fingers; invariably I’ll turn to cool cotton or silk blends to give myself a brief respite from the sticky mess of my wool project. I love knitting sweaters, so summer knit tops are the perfect solution to my problem. Knit tops have the same general structure of sweaters, but you get to skip the sleeves! This collection of free knitting patterns is the perfect staple for the knitter who doesn’t know what to do with herself when the weather turns warm. Sit back and get started on one of these excellent patterns for summer, you'll have a blast.
We often think of the stifling moments of heat in the summer, forgetting that the nights and mornings can often be quite chilly. We’ve included a couple of light knit sweater patterns in this collection for those moments when the summer weather isn’t ideal. Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More has all of your summer knitting needs covered. From knit tops for warm days to sweater and shawls for the cool nights, this pattern collection has your needs covered.
Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More eBook
Knit tops are a fun way to incorporate your knitting into your everyday life. These free knitting patterns are light enough to wear during the warm months of summer, but can always be layered for a warmer outfit when the weather gets cold. You’ll be sure to draw lots of compliments when you don one of these stylish summer knit tops. Making your own garments is a great way to reclaim control over where your clothes, or at least some of them, are coming from. These knitting patterns for summer will help you beat the heat and look great while you do it. Knit tops don’t have to be close fitted affairs; patterns like the Rose Cotton Top (p. 11) are loose fitting, allowing air to flow through the garment. Patterns like the Casual Knit Top (p. 4) will make your summer look a real hit.
Summer is just around the corner, so the spring is the perfect time to get started on your next big wardrobe addition. With the help of these free knitting patterns, you'll be ready to meet summer with a cute new top in your wardrobe.
Knitting is often thought of as a winter craft, perhaps because of the insulating powers of wool. However, you can wear your knitting in the summer without sweltering; all you need are some cute, light patterns to start you on your way and a good cotton or silk yarn. Knit tops are a great way to show off your knitting in the summer months, and are very rewarding projects to create. With the help of these stellar free knitting patterns you’ll be able to knit throughout the summer months to create some gorgeous projects that will be the envy of your family and friends.
Sometimes even the summer calls for a cute sweater; whether it’s rainy or just a little cooler than usual, having a knit sweater on hand to throw over your shoulders is an incredibly satisfying feeling. Of course, no matter how chilled you feel, wool probably isn’t the thing you’ll be wanting in the middle of July. We’ve added a couple of light knit sweater patterns to this collection to round out your selection of summer knitting options. Having a reliable summer sweater is something you’ll come to love. The Emily Sweater has short sleeves, making it a great addition to any warm weather outfit. It will warm you without overwhelming.
Working on a long-term project like a knit top or knit sweater pattern is a great way to help the time go by during road trips. Sweaters are actually often a little more mindless than people realize—all those rows in the body of the sweater won’t knit themselves—so they’re great summer projects for outdoor knitting or working on while watching a child’s baseball game.
That’s right, we have plenty of extra patterns for summer for you to try out! From knit shawl patterns to the Basic Summer Poncho (p. 7), these patterns will round out your summer wardrobe. Like the summer sweater, these free knitting patterns will prove handy for those moments when you want something light to throw over your shoulders. You can use your poncho or shawl to keep off the rain in a light drizzle, or simply to keep off a chill. These free knitting patterns will also be a rewarding knit, since they’re based off of the basic shape of a triangle. If you're in the market for a relatively mindless knit, these patterns will pretty well fit the bill. The Desert Lace Shawl (p. 9) follows a simple lace pattern that will have your work looking fantastic without being a complicated challenge.
Treat yourself to these fantastic free knitting patterns this summer. You'll love having something simple to keep your fingers busy on car rides, and having a variety of cute knit tops to throw on whenever it strikes your fancy is a very liberating feeling. These great knitting patterns for summer will help keep your fingers in shape, despite the heat. So why wait? Download your copy of Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More eBook today and jump right into the summer fun! These rewarding patterns will help cement your memories of the summer; with every stitch you make will be a memory of a wonderful summer.
With your free copy of Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More eBook you can also subscribe to our Knit Picky Patterns newsletter to become part of a helpful and friendly knitting community. In subscribing to the newsletter you will receive:
- Six weekly emails with free knitting patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more.
- Chances to win knitting books and products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New FREE knitting patterns made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of over 1,000 more free knitting patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the knitting community.
With our latest eBook, Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More, you'll find yourself knitting any number of fabulous summer knitting patterns. And once you subscribe to receive our newsletter, Knit Picky Patterns, you'll see how incredibly rewarding it is to be a part of the knitting community! Check out this free eBook and the AllFreeKnitting.com site to draw tons of knitting inspiration!
Tags / Related Topics
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- "Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More" eBook
- Prim and Proper Lace Top
- Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
- Hotness Top
- Casual Knit Top
- Cancun Spa Tunic
- Women's Pullover Style No. 126
- Ladylike Patterns: 16 Knit Scarf Patterns + Womens Tops for Spring
- Gossamer Goddess Top
- Grandma's Garter Stitch Blouse
- 7 Free Knitting Patterns for Homemade Halloween Costumes and Easy Decorating Ideas
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- 9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Free Knitting Designs for Fall: 8 Knit Sweater Patterns, Scarves, Bags and More
- How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns
- Knitting for Beginners: 6 Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Reclaimed Cotton Ribbon
- Soho's Snood Kit
- The Ripple Effect: 25 Free Knitting Patterns with Chevron Stitch Knitting
- Effortless Cherry Wine Afghan
- Peppermint Stripes Baby Blanket
- Knitting for Teens: 36 Trendy Free Knitting Patterns They'll Love
- Different Knitting Stitches: 146 Patterns for Garter, Seed, Cable, and More
- Chevron Stitch Knitting: 10 Trendy Patterns
- Essential Berry Beret
- Arm Knit Scarf Kit