We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Unicorn Fibre: The Next Generation of Fibre Cleaners
The goals of the Unicorn Fibre cleaning and conditioning system are to optimize the latest chemistry to maximize cleaning effectiveness at low temperatures while imparting fiber conditioning for ease of handling and processing. The goal of providing these benefits with the use of only safe and environmentally sensitive ingredients was paramount. In keeping with the company's philosophy, there was no testing conducted on animals in the verification of these products.
Several years ago our company took part in a natural fiber symposium focused on the worldwide challenges facing the alpaca and wool fiber (textile) industries. In the rapidly changing global economy, many of the largest mills could not economically compete with China's less expensive processing capabilities and were forced to close. Those that survived faced additional constraints from governmental agencies demanding less impact on the fragile environment.
Ultimately, Unicorn Editions, Ltd., and its founders took on this challenge. Pino and Anna Carner Blangiforti had a good working knowledge of the biology and chemistry aspects of collagen-based fabrics like leather and fiber.
However, it was the love of the 52 alpacas they raised, and the enthusiasm, (and frustration), within the fiber industry, that lead to the creation of Unicorn Fibre products.
Unicorn Fibre products follow the life of all natural fiber; from scouring raw fleece with Power Scour to the after care cleaning of yarns and finished garments with Fibre Wash and anti-static Fibre Rinse – all while effectively maintaining the integrity of the natural fiber cuticle.
Product Reviews on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Three Needle Bind Off Tutorial
- Mermaid/crocodile Stitch
- Sunny Slouchy Beanie
- Cable Cowl In Gradient Color
- Double Brim Santa Hat
- Adult & Child Knitted Slippers…with Bows!!
- What is the Best Yarn for Scarves?
- Scalloped Chocolate Hat
- How To Knit Free Boho Coasters (mug Rugs)
- Adult Bootie Slippers
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You