We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Born in 1982, the arts have always been a part of Amanda Pawley's life. She has explored drawing, painting, weaving, and sculpture before finding her niche in ceramics. First interning at Arrowmont school of arts and crafts in Gattlinburg TN, Amanda graduated with a sculpture degree (BFA) from Western Kentucky University in 2005 with an emphasis on ceramics. After graduation she moved with her husband, Graphic Designer Daniel Pawley, to Orlando, FL where she apprenticed under Grecian ceramicist Vacileios Tsentas of American Studio Pottery. Under the guidance of this 4th generation potter, Amanda streamlined her wheel-throwing techniques and found a focus for her body of work.
In 2007, Amanda took the initiative to move back to Kentucky to open up a ceramics studio in Russellville, KY. She creates her work in a studio connected to her home and this short commute has enabled her art to grow quickly in a very short amount of time. Amanda creates pottery designed to inspire the senses while remaining fully functional. She wants her work to be an interactive, tactile experience, this way the user can both enjoy and use the piece. Her southern background and strong family connections has focused her work on functional pieces that can create food which is still a binding point for southern tradition and family togetherness.
Products Reviewed on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You