We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Over twenty years ago, my wife and I bought a small farm and we inherited two ewes. The next spring, we had two fleeces, and Ozark Handspun was born.
Six years later, with a growing family to support, there was not enough time to be an artist, a father, a farmer, and a provider. So, we left the farm and moved to town to provide greater opportunities for our daughter. That winter, in 1986, all the spinning equipment and Ozark Handspun went in to hibernation.
In 2003, semi-retired and visiting our daughter in California, we walked into a yarn shop and could not believe the interest in knitting and all the unusual yarns available today. Some were wonderful, but I told my wife, "I can make yarns better than some of these."
We came home to Missouri and called an old friend from 20 years back to buy some raw wool and mohair. Out from storage came the spinning wheel and equipment. I immediately began washing, dyeing, carding, and spinning. Ozark Handspun was reborn.
These yarns are created especially for you. Living in the Ozark hills overlooking the Missouri River, we choose our lambs and goats for the natural colored fibers.
Product Reviews on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you love bold patterns and colors, then this Midas Touch Golden Cables Shawl should be right up your alley. Between the bold and… Continue reading: "Midas Touch Golden Cables Shawl"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knit A Boho Christmas Tree Ornament
- Mocha Cherry Shawl
- Sunset Safari Socks
- Foxgloves Stitch
- Simple Ribbing Stitch
- Foxglove Hat
- Three Needle Bind Off Tutorial
- Mermaid/crocodile Stitch
- Sunny Slouchy Beanie
- Cable Cowl In Gradient Color
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You