We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Located in the high desert of north central Oregon, Imperial Stock Ranch has been raising sheep and cattle, and producing grains and hay for more than 144 years. In the 1880’s, founder and homesteader Richard Hinton, not only built his modest “claim” into a livestock empire, but began the early commercial crossbreeding that would lead to a new breed of sheep in America, the well-known Columbia sheep.
Today Imperial Stock Ranch spans more than 32,000 acres and continues as a four-commodity operation with cattle, sheep, grain, and hay production. It is the only ranch in Oregon designated a National Historic District that is still in operation.
In the late 1990’s, with changes in the global wool market, current owners Dan and Jeanne Carver, transitioned from selling unprocessed wool as a commodity to creating retail products from wool, establishing Imperial Yarn. Imperial Yarn was honored to provide the yarn for the Opening Ceremonies Patchwork Cardigan worn by Team USA at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. You can learn more about this exciting venture at youtube.com, search “Ralph Lauren Made in USA.”
Imperial Yarn is known for its fabulous wool yarns and fashion forward knitting patterns. It all begins with respect for the landscape, animals and traditional skills, and results in an ethic of sustainability as a way of life. From soil, sunlight, and grazing sheep, to the gentle processes of transforming wool to yarn, working with Imperial Yarn is like working with sunshine. It connects you to the source.
Ask for Imperial Yarn at your favorite LYS or go to www.imperialyarn.com to find a list of retail partners.
Products Reviewed on AllFreeKnitting:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Stitch Markers: 21 DIY Ideas For When You're in a Knitting Pinch
- 34 Free Knitting Scarves Patterns and More
- How to Knit a Dog Sweater + 10 More Adorable Animal Patterns
- 16 Wild Animal Baby Knit Patterns
- Slouchy Cabled Hat
- Fringed Throw Pillow
- Garden Cocoon Baby Sack
- Toby Kuhnke
- 12 Free Rectangular Knit Shawl Patterns
- How to Start a Knitting Group
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You