Feel Good Yarn Company
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
American made is what it's all about here at Feel Good Yarn Company®. SilverSpun yarn is produced using only American sourced fibers and spun entirely at NC State.
In December 2012, Laurie Gonyea, our founder & owner, contacted the folks at North Carolina State University's College of Textiles to ask if she could come down and talk to them about her idea for a new yarn. They agreed, and the week before Christmas Laurie drove from Washington DC to Raleigh to meet with the Spun Yarn Lab Manager, Tim Pleasants. Laurie told him she wanted to produce a cotton yarn spun with pure silver. At first he looked at her as if she had three heads, but after some gentle arm twisting he agreed to give it a try. A number of prototypes were produced and refined until they came up with the exact yarn that Laurie had in mind. It had the strength of cotton with the feel of cashmere. She called it SilverSpun.
In April 2013 SilverSpun was unveiled to the public at the Carolina Fiber Festival. The response was incredible and with that...
Feel Good Yarn Company® was born.
Products on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Hoodie Pattern For Kids
- Shawl Poncho Knitting Pattern
- 8 Portable Knitting Projects for Travel
- Time stops at Shamli
- Women's Play Day Cardigan
- Linen-Stitch Cowl in the Round
- How to Spool Knit
- Top Knot Love
- Sunny Meadow Corner-To-Corner Baby Blanket
- Gertrude Slouchy Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You