Alpaca With A Twist
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
The journey of Alpaca With A Twist began with a weekend trip to the local fairground. After a 45 minute conversation with an alpaca breeder about their no kill, low maintenance animals, I was sold. Soon after that, Copper Ridge Alpacas was born and I soon found myself with a herd of 38 alpacas that won numerous awards, and a few even became known by alpaca breeders nationwide. The alpaca fiber was burning a whole in my “creative pocket” and became my introduction into the world of fiber arts. I had been taught by my grandma to crochet and make pom poms, but soon found myself spinning, dying, knitting, weaving, felting, and so much more.
Today, Alpaca With A Twist yarns are in yarn shops all throughout the country. Our products have appeared in numerous books and magazines and we have a developed a collection of over 75 patterns. While the business is growing and evolving from the original yarns that got us here, we haven’t forgotten about the animals that made our journey possible. The herd is much smaller these days, but the alpacas can still be seen at shows throughout the country. Being an alpaca breeder makes me strive for the best possible product with the goal of one day having as much alpaca on yarn stores’ shelves as there is wool today.
Reviews on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You