Do you love to teach others? Do you have strong basic crochet or knit skills? Why not combine both of your passions and enroll in the Craft Yarn Council's Certified Instructor's Program? Join the thousands of knitters and crocheters who’ve already gained the knowledge and confidence to teach others through this online or in-person course!
The Certified Instructor’s Program equips crafters with the tools to share their passion for yarn with others and to “stitch it forward.” The program offers many benefits to students including increased confidence in their crochet or knitting skills and the ability to convey these skills to others. Students also gain exclusive access to the closed CIP Student and Graduate Facebook page, where they can collaborate with other CIP students and graduates.
The Certified Instructor's Program has been around since 1982 and so far more than 15,000 students have completed the course. Course graduates have gone on to teach in retail stores like Michael's and in adult education programs. They continue to share their knowledge with friends, co-workers and family. Students work with a nationally recognized Master Teacher and complete teaching hours to prove their proficiency.
About the program:
- It’s offered via correspondence and occasionally as an on-site course
- The correspondence course is divided into Level I and Level II, and students have six months to complete each level of the correspondence program
- The on-site course requires 15 hours of class time held over a series of days at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, and the curriculum covers both levels
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You