The Knook Beginner Set With Books
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
The Knook Beginner Set with Books:
Learn to Knook, Simple Scarves, Baby Blankets, Baby Beanies
Gifted by: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by: Christine Weiher, editor for AllFreeCrochet.com
When I first saw the Knook close up I had no idea what to think about it. You always hear about double ended knitting needles or a cro-hook for crochet, but have you ever seen an item that is half knitting and half crochet? This is a neat little invention that will soon become your best friend. The Knook is a specialized crochet hook that has a cord threaded through a hole in the non-hook end. The cord holds the stitches while you work, allowing you to create a knitted fabric.
In this beginner set you will be provided with not one, but three knooks at sizes 4.0mm, 5.0mm and 5.5mm. You will also get three 36" long cords and a How-to-Knook instruction booklet. The kit includes four beginner projects (Infinity Scarf, Spa Cloth, Baby Blanket and Diamond Lap Throw) that can be worked up with worsted weight yarn.
If this kit alone doesn't strike your fancy then what about getting some amazing books to go with it? Learn to Knook is the first book I recommend you get. If you don't quite understand the instructions given in the beginner kit, this book is sure to help you out. Not only are there great projects to choose from, but there are written and pictured step by step instructions for you to follow. Once you get the hang of knooking you can move on to the next easy project, scarves! In Simple Scarves, you get just that, simple scarves. There are nine beautiful scarf designs by Margret Willson, all of which are quick and easy to work up. Again, pictured examples of how to knook are given. Each pattern is only a couple rows and takes up just one page in the book; they're that easy!
Have I sold you yet? Try the Knook today and learn to knit with a crochet hook! The beginner kit is a great way to get started and the books will give you endless possibilities.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The name says it all when it comes to these Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers. Cabling is one of the easiest things you can do in… Continue reading: "Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers"
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Pocket Knitter
- Chance to Win a 3-Skein Bernat Prize Pack!
- Enter to win Resilient Superwash Merino Sock!
- Enter to win an Emoji Knitting Tote and Yarn!
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Newborn Cable Hat
- Pastel Stripes Sweater
- Quick And Easy Pumpkin Knitting Patterns
- Is it Easier to Learn to Knit or Crochet?
- Fall Halloween Flower Wreath
- Simple Checkered Beanie
- Braided Headband
- Woodfire Square
- Anastasia Hoodie
- Hat In English Rib
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You