The Meow Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
The Meow Collection
Gifted by Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
What goes together better than yarn and cats? That’s pretty much the ultimate combination, in my book. The Meow Collection is the perfect way to support your favorite pet while supporting your favorite hobby. The Meow Collection is the delightful result of a collaboration between the Meow Foundation and Ancient Arts. Besides money donations to the Meow Foundation, Ancient Arts helps raise awareness for homeless cats with beautiful yarn inspired by cats. Each skein of yarn includes a photo of the cat that the color is based on. The range of colors in the collection is truly inspiring, and it’s really fun to see the cats next to the yarn. The very nature of this yarn happily marries community engagement with the hobby of knitting, which is a great perk for knitters.
If you aren’t a fan of cats, the yarn is still worth getting excited about. Made with a beautiful Blue Faced Leicester Wool, the yarn is deliciously soft; it’s superwash wool to boot, which is a nice bonus for those that don’t have time to handwash projects. A strong twist gives the yarn good stitch definition, and, as I previously mentioned, the colors in this collection are absolutely astounding. Hand dyed with a low impact, environmentally friendly dyes, this is a yarn you can really feel good about buying and knitting with.
For knitters that want to support a good cause without sacrificing yarn quality, the Meow Collection is a great way to go. The amazing colors, excellent fiber content, and high quality production make this yarn well worth the money.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Enter to win Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
- Eclair Yarn
- One Skein of Ozark Opulent Yarn
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Decades Yarn
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Fringed Garter Stitch Scarf
- Encompass Cowl
- Gifts for Knitters: 15 Unique Ideas
- Watercolor Poncho
- Aurora Stitch
- Aurora Hat
- Simple Short-row Slippers
- 21 Free Knitted Christmas Tree Patterns
- Beaded Rounds Hat
- Christmas Lights Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You