Resilient Superwash Merino Sock
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
You know you've fallen in love when you come across the most beautiful skein of yarn you've ever laid on eyes on. I've recently encountered that new love with Resilient Superwash Merino Sock Yarn from Expression Fiber Arts.
Each skein of this magnificent yarn is hand-crafted, making no two skeins identical. Each skein is 400 yards and approximately 4 ounces. Because this is a fingering weight yarn, it is great for knit socks and other accessories. The wool factor makes the yarn super soft, so you don't have to worry about it itching you. What's great about this yarn is that it is bouncy in that it has memory, so your projects will last a long time. You can expect very little pilling, strand breaking and wearing thin because of the resilience, hence the name.
Just by looking at Superwash Merino Sock you would think you have to hand-wash it, but you can in fact throw it in the washing machine if you wish. Your projects will not felt or get ruined, which makes this yarn your next go-to.
Looking for new colors to work with? Resilient comes in Harbor, Ectoplasm, Alabaster and Prismatic. My favorite of those colors is Prismatic; it reminds me of a beautiful and colorful sunset made with shades of yellow, orange and purple.
Before you start any project, or even step foot in the store, make note that even when this yarn is made within the same dye lot, the skeins will still be slightly different. Know what knit project you're working up and how much yarn you will need ahead of time; it is best to buy all skeins at once, but to also alternate skeins every other row for a completely fantastic look. I know that can be really annoying to switch skeins after each row, but you don't have to do that if you don't want. Try working up a knit pair of socks or hat and see what you can create!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Eclair Yarn
- LanaMundi Yarns Silver Spun Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- La Boheme Yarn
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Blue Face Worsted Yarn in Pumpkin King
- Lion Brand Babysoft Yarn
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Present Ornament
- Super Chunky Kinsley Blake Scarf
- Ginger Basket Shawlette
- Sade's Onesie
- Double Layer Reversible Knit Hat
- Cabled Christmas Stockings
- Dusky Sky Hat
- Easter Eggs - Straight Needles
- Gingham Baby Blanket
- 10 Romantic Knitting Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You