Pencil Roving Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
As soon as I saw Imperial Yarn's Bulky 2-Strand Pencil Roving Yarn, the first thing I noticed was the shape of the yarn. Instead of being in a traditional skein or hank, this yarn is winded in the shape of a yarn cake. Round in shape and flat on both the top and the bottom, this particular configuration makes yarn storage super easy until you are ready to use it (which won't be long if you're anything like me); yarn cakes like this are a great way to save space because you can stack them right on top of each other.
Aside from the physical shape of this Bulky 2-Strand Pencil Roving Yarn, I also could not help but notice how beautiful the actual yarn is. An unspun 100% wool pencil roving, this yarn cake contains two plies, which are intended to be knit together. Because of the bulky weight of the Bulky-2 strand yarn, knitting projects made with this yarn will work up quickly, yet will still produce light and airy garments. It's a great yarn choice for lofty knit scarves, cowls, or even sweaters.
While working with this unspun yarn, Imperial Yarn recommends avoiding stitch patterns that require a lot of pulling or manipulation, like complicated cables, knitting/purling three or more stitches together, etc. It's also best to unwind and knit only from the outside of the yarn cake to avoid pulling, as well. If you find that the yarn breaks while working with it, you can simply lay two ends together and rub them together. This is a quick and easy fix that is hardly noticeable once the yarn is knitted.
Choose from 30 beautiful colors including Natural, Teal, Tufted Primrose, Wild Strawberry, Golden Sun, and more. Plus, the tag that accompanies each skein of Bulky 2-Strand Pencil Roving Yarn can also be used as a coaster! What's even better is that each yarn from Imperial Yarns is made in the USA with wool exclusively from Imperial Stock Ranch.
Read NextNomad Sock Yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Enter to win Crazy Sexy Wool Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Pocket Knitter
- Clear Wristlet Yarn Bag
- Enter to win an Everything Mary Knitting Needle Case!
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Eclair Yarn
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You