- see all comments
"Hi, I can't find the knitting pattern for this book, can I have it please?"
"With the page open, right click on your mouse, this will open a new window, in the new window scroll down to and click on print. That will take you to print review, in print preview change "all" to just the pages that the pattern is on and click print. Using the cut and copy feature to paste the document into another program for printing is actually a violation of international copyright laws, but printing directly from the page is permitted. Hope this helps someone. Happy knitting!"
"This is not a free pattern, so not sure why it is still featured on an "all free knitting" website."
Pencil Roving Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Pencil Roving Yarn
Gifted by Imperial Yarns
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
As soon as I saw Imperial Yarn's Bulky 2-Strand Pencil Roving Yarn, the first thing I noticed was the shape of the yarn. Instead of being in a traditional skein or hank, this yarn is winded in the shape of a yarn cake. Round in shape and flat on both the top and the bottom, this particular configuration makes yarn storage super easy until you are ready to use it (which won't be long if you're anything like me); yarn cakes like this are a great way to save space because you can stack them right on top of each other.
Aside from the physical shape of this Bulky 2-Strand Pencil Roving Yarn, I also could not help but notice how beautiful the actual yarn is. An unspun 100% wool pencil roving, this yarn cake contains two plies, which are intended to be knit together. Because of the bulky weight of the Bulky-2 strand yarn, knitting projects made with this yarn will work up quickly, yet will still produce light and airy garments. It's a great yarn choice for lofty knit scarves, cowls, or even sweaters.
While working with this unspun yarn, Imperial Yarn recommends avoiding stitch patterns that require a lot of pulling or manipulation, like complicated cables, knitting/purling three or more stitches together, etc. It's also best to unwind and knit only from the outside of the yarn cake to avoid pulling, as well. If you find that the yarn breaks while working with it, you can simply lay two ends together and rub them together. This is a quick and easy fix that is hardly noticeable once the yarn is knitted.
Choose from 30 beautiful colors including Natural, Teal, Tufted Primrose, Wild Strawberry, Golden Sun, and more. Plus, the tag that accompanies each skein of Bulky 2-Strand Pencil Roving Yarn can also be used as a coaster! What's even better is that each yarn from Imperial Yarns is made in the USA with wool exclusively from Imperial Stock Ranch.
Read NextRed Heart Strata Yarn Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Heavenly Ivory Throw
There's nothing better than cuddling up in a blanket on the couch. This Heavenly Ivory Throw will be your slice of heaven once you… Continue reading: "Heavenly Ivory Throw"
- Enter to win Red Heart Strata Yarn!
- Red Heart Boutique Chic Yarn
- Boye Row Counter
- Boye Yardage Counter
- Gleener Review
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
- Chance to Win a 3-Skein Bernat Prize Pack!
- Thin Organic Cotton
- Enter to win Red Heart Sparkle Soft Yarn
- Pearls Knitting Needles
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Stylish Cardigan With Colorful Stripes
- Unisex Winter Hat
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You