Lhasa Wilderness Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Lhasa Wilderness Yarn
Provided by Bijou Basin Ranch
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
As a knitter, one of the things that I love most is experimenting with new yarns and fibers. Wool is a stand-by favorite, don’t get me wrong, but there’s nothing quite as exciting as seeing what you can make a new yarn do for you. When I discovered the Bijou Basin Ranch line of yarns, spun from yak down, I was absolutely delighted, and, naturally, couldn’t wait to get it on my needles.
The Lhasa Wilderness line of yarn was my first choice of yarn. It’s a blend of fibers (75% yak down and 25% bamboo) that I hadn’t had the opportunity to work with before—not that I get many opportunities to work with yak at all. My sample skein was a gorgeous turquoise blue, perfectly suited for a lacy scarf or a fine pair of fingerless mitts. I can’t rave enough about this luxurious yarn. You can tell that it’s special before you even start to unwind it.
The fibers are perfectly balanced to create a soft, durable yarn. I typically expect hair yarns to have a bit of a halo, but the bamboo seems to keep the yak fiber in check; this yarn is a liquid smooth yarn. My sample swatch knit up like a dream. I haven’t quite decided what the final form of my Lhasa skein will be, but I honestly can’t wait to cast on (I just have to make up my mind). This line of yarns is of a quality that will never go out of style. I can easily see myself wearing whatever I make with this yarn years from now. From what I’ve seen, the Bijou Basin Ranch yarns are an exceptional bunch, not only because of the yak down.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Boye Yardage Counter
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Chance to win Ribbon XL Yarn!
- Enter to win Sweet Roll Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- Win the Purl Soho Line Weight Yarn Giveaway!
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy "Corduroy" Scarf
- 8 Knit Glove Patterns
- Knit Gloves Pattern on Straight Needles
- Field Dishcloth
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Giles Table Runner
- Chunky Knit Rug
- Tasseled Women's Cardigan Pattern
- Contrasting Stripey Mitered Square
- Knit Drink Napkins
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You