La Jolla Superwash Merino Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
La Jolla Superwash Merino Yarn
Gifted by Baah Yarn
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
My impression upon walking into the Baah Yarn’s booth was that I had accidentally stumbled into some sort of beautiful rainbow-themed alternate reality. Skein after skein of gorgeous yarn lined the walls of the booth, enclosing any visitors in a colorful and wooly embrace. I liked what I saw even more when I got up close and personal with the yarn. Like most hand painted yarns, each skein of yarn is unique, just ever so slightly different than the skein that came before. I couldn’t wait to get my needles into this yarn.
I eagerly cast on a sample swatch of my La Jolla, Baah Yarn’s line of fingering weight yarn. As I knitted, two things became very apparent: the colors knitted up beautifully, and the yarn has excellent stitch definition. It’s not surprising that knitting with La Jolla yielded a colorful and vibrant swatch; as a whole, the Baah Yarn products are characterized by their vivid color. I’m convinced that knitting with any of the yarn lines would be absolutely delightful. The yarn also has excellent twist, which is why the stitches show up so well, despite the color variegation.
I was pleased to see that, currently, all of the Baah Yarn lines are 100% superwash merino. I have mixed feelings about superwash, but you can’t deny that there’s a lot of appeal in the convenience aspect of the yarn. As a fiber nut, I get excited whenever I run across anything that’s completely made with natural fibers. The less acrylic out in the world, the better, I say. All in all, I was incredibly happy with my skein of La Jolla yarn. Any of the Baah Yarns are certain to appeal to all knitting enthusiasts.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- Chance to win Red Heart Hygge Charm Yarn!
- Boye Yardage Counter
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Red Heart Hygge Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Enter to win the Boye Long Loom Set!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You