Ribbon XL Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Ribbon XL Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Growing up I got a lot of school t-shirts from being on baseball teams, working on school council, being on the cheer squad and many other things; of course I still have all those shirts because I don't know what to do with them. Luckily, working in the yarn industry I have realized I can turn the shirts into awesome t-shirt yarn. Until I have the actual time to do so, I'll be working with Ribbon XL yarn from Hoooked, which is a t-shirt yarn that I am in love with.
RibbonXL is bulky, yet lightweight all at the same time. It's made of recycled fabric yarn and is really easy to work with, giving you quick and stylish projects. It's also slightly elastic, so it gives a bit of a stretch, which is nice for wearable projects. Each skein weighs about 250 grams and has 120 meters in length, giving you a surface of about 40 by 40 cm. For the best results it is recommended you use crochet hooks or knitting needles sizes 8 to 12 mm.
This fabulous yarn is durable enough to be machine washed and suitable for everyday use, which is great because you will really love the end results of your project. You won't even have to worry about choosing a good color because there are so many to choose from; they're all great! There are about 40 colors and include both solids and variegates like mint, plum, black sparkle, early dew, bubblegum, salad green, fiesta fairytale, rocky rose and so many more.
The possibilities are endless for what you can make with RibbonXL; knit a dress, crochet a pouf, make a matching hat and scarf set or work up a beautiful poncho you'll never want to take off. Hoooked even has several pattern books that will give you amazing ideas of what to make. What are you waiting for? Get this yarn today!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Lion Brand Pelt Yarn
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Buttercup Yarn
- Enter to win Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Trellis Stitch Square With Heart Insert
- Tubular Bind Off Tutorial
- Tostata Triangle Scarf
- Simple Knit Wrap Bracelet
- Bianca Bookmark
- Beaded Bracelet Knitting Pattern
- Ribbed Bubble Hat
- Walkiria Kimono
- Stockinette Stitch Swatch
- Garter Stitch Swatch
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You