Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn is a very unique yarn from Darn Good Yarn. It is made from recycled vintage silk sari pieces. This gorgeous recycled yarn was designed with artists in mind that express themselves though their textile arts. If you like crafting with up-cycled pieces, then this yarn is right up your alley!
To make this unique recycled yarn, women in fair trade co-ops collect pieces of vintage recycled silk saris. They are hand torn to widths of about a quarter inch, and then sewn together end-to-end. The result is this stunning, exotic ribbon yarn. Each skein measures 100g long and contains about 180 feet of vintage sari ribbon.
This yarn is available in a wide variety of beautiful colors. Although it may appear delicate, it is really quite durable. It can be used to crochet or knit anything from afghans to bags and rugs! Can you imagine walking on a sari silk rug? How luxurious! This yarn is available in a wide variety of beautiful colors.
Darn Good Yarn prides itself on providing you with fairly traded and child labor free yarns. Business decisions are based on these principles — all of their yarn is made from recycled and Earth friendly materials and much of it is created from the colorful remnants of the production of silk saris in Nepal and Northern India. These materials are handspun and dyed by women’s groups in Nepal. Darn Good Yarn provides these women with a marketplace for the products, as well as much needed wages for their families.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win Crazy Sexy Wool Yarn!
- Chance to win Fair Isle Liberty Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Ginger Interchangeable Circular Needle Set!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
- Lion Brand Yarn: Homespun in Coral Reef
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 30 Merino Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You