Ch'i Recycled Silk Ribbon Kimono Jacket Kit S-L
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Ch'i Recycled Silk Ribbon Kimono Jacket Kit S-L and Pattern
Gifted by Darn Good Yarn
Reviewed by Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor of AllFreeKnitting
Nicole from Darn Good Yarn named this pattern "Ch'i" because she believes in life energies - and trust me, it will be hard not to smile the first time you put on this colorful creation! As with any products from Darn Good Yarn, one thing you can expect is quality. This gorgeous Ch'i Recycled Silk Ribbon Kimono Jacket Kit is no exception. Packed with 9 skeins of vibrantly colored Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn and 2 skeins of Luxe Adventure Recycled Silk Ribbon, this kit includes all the yarn required to make the stunning kimono pictured. Also included in the handy kit are full pattern instructions (which you receive conveniently by e-mail) and a large eyed needle for finishing. The only thing you'll need to buy separately is a set of U.S. size 6 (4mm) straight needles and a set of U.S. size 11 (8mm) circular needles with at least 3 feet of cord.
Besides the pattern being easy-to-follow, Nicole also provides great tips for making this project as simple as possible to complete, error free. For this reason, this is a great project for a beginner. Knit mostly in stockinette stitch, this pattern is not as intimidating as it looks! With a little time and practice, I'm confident even a very new knitter could conquer this lovely piece. Besides, who wouldn't want to knit this? It's a great jacket to wear both during the spring and summer, plus it’s also incredibly budget friendly – you only need two sets of needles to complete its construction! Since this jacket is made with vintage and recycled silk sari ribbon, the finished look is fabulously rustic and retro.
If you'd rather make your kimono using a different color scheme, simply shoot Nicole a message. Like what you see in the picture? Here's all the yarn included in this kit to make the kimono as pictured:
2 - 100g skeins of Lux Adventure Recycled Silk Yarn in the color “Vine”
3 - 100g skeins of Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn in Brushes Bronze
1 – 100g skeins of Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon yarn in Leaping Lizard
1- 100g Skein of Reycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn in Purple Reign
1 – 100g Skein of Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn in Purple Haze
1- 100g skein of Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn in Dream of Mermaids
1-100g skein of Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn in Emerald Isle
1-100g skein of Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn in Singing the Blues
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Mambo Yarn
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Eclair Yarn
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- The Sock Knitter's Handbook
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Buttercup Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You