We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Provided by Miss Babs Hand Dyed Yarns and Fibers
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
The one thing you can’t miss when you look at the yarns from Miss Babs is the stunning array of absolutely gorgeous colors. Knitters gravitate towards colors like moths to a flame, so the yarns Miss Babs creates are a temptation almost impossible to resist. Each skein is unique, and you could look at the available colors forever. Her Babette skeins are particularly tempting, since each skein is different from the last one.
We got the opportunity to get up close and personal with one of her Yowza Babette skeins. The Yowza skeins are appropriately named; the skeins are 560 yards of lovely yarn—you’ll only need two or three of these skeins to make that sweater you’ve been eyeing, and you’d probably only need one skein for a baby pattern. The colorways are remarkable; subtle color shifts make Miss Babs’ yarn bright, yet elegant. I looked at the Moon Over the Sea colorway, and I’ve never seen such a gorgeous grey yarn. Soft violet tones were swirled into the yarn so that this yarn, though unobtrusive, is still eye catching. The color paly within the yarn is only going to evolve in appearance once it is knitted up. You could knit just about anything with this yarn and it would look fantastic.
I haven’t even gotten around to talking about the fiber content, which isn’t like me at all—that’s how beautiful I find this yarn! Miss Babs’ yarn shines through in the fiber department as well. There are several different types of fiber used in her yarns, but the skein I looked at was 100% Merino wool. I will probably never stop raving about how magnificent this yarn is. It has it all: awe inspiring color choices, generous yardage, and top notch fibers. If I could only knit with one type of yarn for the rest of my life, Miss Babs would be my choice.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to win a Darn Good Yarn Ceramic Yarn Bowl!
Enter to win Red Heart Fashion Soft Yarn!
Chance to win a Go Crafty Travel Case!
Chance to win Rowan Stone Washed Yarn!
Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
Enter to win Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn!
Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
Chance to win Red Heart Boutique Irresistible Yarn!
Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 36 Free Knit Mitten Patterns
- 19 Easy Hat Knitting Patterns
- Slipped Stitch Studios
- Kristina Kittelson
- Go Crafty Travel Case
- Feminine Knit Slipper Pattern
- Knitted House Slippers for Him
- Pumpkin Spice Knit Slipper Pattern
- How to Weave In Ends As You Knit
- 5 Selvedge Edges for Knitting
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You