We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Provided by Miss Babs Hand Dyed Yarns and Fibers
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
The one thing you can’t miss when you look at the yarns from Miss Babs is the stunning array of absolutely gorgeous colors. Knitters gravitate towards colors like moths to a flame, so the yarns Miss Babs creates are a temptation almost impossible to resist. Each skein is unique, and you could look at the available colors forever. Her Babette skeins are particularly tempting, since each skein is different from the last one.
We got the opportunity to get up close and personal with one of her Yowza Babette skeins. The Yowza skeins are appropriately named; the skeins are 560 yards of lovely yarn—you’ll only need two or three of these skeins to make that sweater you’ve been eyeing, and you’d probably only need one skein for a baby pattern. The colorways are remarkable; subtle color shifts make Miss Babs’ yarn bright, yet elegant. I looked at the Moon Over the Sea colorway, and I’ve never seen such a gorgeous grey yarn. Soft violet tones were swirled into the yarn so that this yarn, though unobtrusive, is still eye catching. The color paly within the yarn is only going to evolve in appearance once it is knitted up. You could knit just about anything with this yarn and it would look fantastic.
I haven’t even gotten around to talking about the fiber content, which isn’t like me at all—that’s how beautiful I find this yarn! Miss Babs’ yarn shines through in the fiber department as well. There are several different types of fiber used in her yarns, but the skein I looked at was 100% Merino wool. I will probably never stop raving about how magnificent this yarn is. It has it all: awe inspiring color choices, generous yardage, and top notch fibers. If I could only knit with one type of yarn for the rest of my life, Miss Babs would be my choice.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Candy Shop Textured Knit Scarf
- Pop of Color Knit Pouf
- Mindless Knit Mitten Pattern
- Easy Asymmetrical Knit Shawl
- Marly Bird Chic Sheep Yarn
- Knitted Baby Ballerina Shoes
- Wool Beanie with Faux Fur Pom Pom
- Knitted Baby Hat with Pom Poms
- Easy Peasy Hearts
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You