Make Your Own Niddy Noddy
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"A Niddy Noddy is one of those handy tools for knitters and crocheters - essential for spinners or dyers. It assists you in winding up yarn into a hank that you can twist into a skein - the best way to store yarn to preserve its' elasticity."
NotesWHAT IS A NIDDY NODDY?
Free knitting patterns are wonderful, but if you don't have a reliable way to organize and store your yarn, it can be quite difficult to get started. Fortunately, a niddy noddy is a great tool for both knitters and crocheters to make skeins from yarn. If you've never seen or even heard of a niddy noddy, it is a tool consisting of a central bar with crossbars at each end, offset from each other by 90 degrees. The central bar is generally carved in order to make it easier to hold. One of the crossbars will have a flat edge to allow the skein to slide off, or it will be completely removable. A niddy noddy can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic. Niddy noddies can be made in different sizes, producing skeins from 12 inches in length to 4 feet in length. The most common size produces a two yard skein.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for an Infinity Scarf
- Carrot Cake Beanie
- All Fingers And Thumbs
- Easter Bunny Potholder
- Easter Bunny
- Bernat Super Value Yarn
- Simple Braids Hat
- Quick Round Scrubby
- Kenai Skyline Shawl
- Tiny Topaz Premature Baby Cardigan
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You