Cozy Doxie Dog Sweater
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you love knitting for dogs, then you'll want to see this dog sweater knitting pattern. This knit dog sweater is the perfect way to keep your canine companion warm in the colder months.
From the Blogger: "I have two dwarf doxies. They are always cold. It is very difficult to buy any clothes for them, because the neck part wears out quite fast. First I knitted a sweater with single yarn. It was not good. It was worn out easily. So I decided to use double yarn and see how long the sweater would last on them. I was satisfied with the result. I knitted a sweater for both of my doxies. Here you can see the one I knitted for Sissi."
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
- 2 balls of yarn in any colours you want (100 gr/each)
- knitting needles
- sewing needle
I used double yarn: pink and white. Bind them together.
Back: Cast on 30 stiches. Knit 10 rows of 2K-2P, then use garter stich. Knit as long as you want the sweater’s length. In the last row, at the neck, add two stiches in the front, and two stiches at the back. Bind it off.
Stomach: Cast on 26 stiches. Knit 10 rows with 2K-2P. Then knit with grater stich as long as you want the stomach part. In the last row, at the neck, add 2 stiches in the front and 2 in the end. Bind off.
Now sew the two parts together. Pay attention to leave holes for the legs!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You