This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
(Not) Wasting Time Socks
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"At least once a week there is somewhere that I have to be, waiting for someone else to do something. For you that might be waiting for baseball, gymnastics or dance practice to end. But inevitably it is somewhere that the big project with beads, charts and patterns, just isn’t part of the program. An easy to memorize two row stitch pattern in a basic top down sock might just make the wait tolerable. No more feeling that you have wasted time! A Cuff Down Sock with an easy to memorize stitch pattern."
Knitting Needle Size1 or 2.25 mm
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- 400 yards fingering weight yarn
- Size 1 (US) needles
- Stitch markers
- Sewing needle for grafting
Read NextTipsy Toe Socks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 20, 2016
These are perfect socks for the knitter with some experience who wants to start knitting socks. The self striping yarn makes them look way more complicated than they are to knit. The ribbing around the ankle and the instep will keep them fitting snugly around your foot too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Summer Rose Shawl
Dress up any outfit with the Summer Rose Shawl. This free knitting pattern is an elegant way to keep warm on chilly evenings whether… Continue reading: "Summer Rose Shawl"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You