This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Checked Blanket Square
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Simple purls and knits create a checked fabric in this easy square knitting pattern. This 8″ by 8″ knit square has texture that just calls for you to snuggle up in a cozy blanket. This blanket square takes a garter checkerboard stitch and interrupts it with a stockinette center. Combine this square with my other square knitting patterns to make a baby blanket or a checkerboard throw! The repeat rows are longer for this pattern due to the off set nature of the checkerboard. However, the good news is when you work a right side row it’s the same. The texture is only worked on the wrong side row. So it’s an easy knit and a great knitting project for fall. "
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextShadow Study Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Orange Cabled Knit Mittens Pattern is vibrant and full of style. With a bold, chunky cable knitting pattern, these knitted… Continue reading: "Orange Cabled Knit Mittens Pattern"
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You