Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knit Red: Stitching for Women's Heart Health
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knit Red: Stitching for Womens Heart Health
By: Laura Zander
Publisher: Sixth&Spring Books
Reviewed by: Caitlin Eaton, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
Knit Red is more than just a book full of striking designs; it’s a special collection of red patterns used to raise awareness and money for the #1 killer of women today: heart disease. To make this book a reality, author and co-founder of the yarn and fabric retailer Jimmy Beans Wool Laura Zander partnered with the Heart Truth Foundation and collaborated with other talented knitwear designers -- Debbie Stoller, Nicky Epstein, Debbie Bliss, Norah Gaughan, to name a few – who donated their designs to Knit Red to help the cause. Together, this collection of 30 knits featuring various shades of red yarn is beautiful, informative and heartfelt. Each pattern is well constructed, modern and perfect for women of all sorts of body types. In addition to the patterns, Knit Red also offers women important medical information for keeping beating hearts healthy and strong. Additionally included are touching stories from heart disease survivors and a Heart Healthy Resources and Action Plan, both which aim to help knitters understand the dangers of heart disease and how they (and their loved ones) can fight against it.
Knit Red carries an important message for all women, not just knitters, but it especially makes a wonderful gift for female knitting enthusiasts. As you page through this well-edited book, you’ll find yourself learning, feeling inspired and becoming armed with information that may one day save your life.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The name says it all when it comes to these Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers. Cabling is one of the easiest things you can do in… Continue reading: "Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers"
- Car Seat Blankets
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Chunky Knits: 31 Projects for You & Your Home Knit with Bulky Yarn
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- Knit New York: 10 Iconic New York Projects
- Knit Stitch Guide
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Roositud Knitting 101
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- Easy Knit Pumpkin
- Large Pumpkin Knitting Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You