Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
by Cathy Carron
Publisher: sixth&spring books
Reviewed By Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor for AllFreeKnitting.com
Calling all cowl lovers – this is the book for you. As a follow up to the popular book, Hattitude, Cathy Carron has taken her love of knitted cowls to the extreme, presenting a beautiful collection of funky, retro and simple cowls. You’ll find every type of cowl you could possibly want to knit in Cowl Girls. There’s even a cowl with a knitted pouch to hold your favorite mp3 player. How’s that for trendy?
Although there are more than 40 innovative cowl patterns in this book, I did manage to pick out a few favorites. The Just Bead It cowl featured on p. 116 is like no other cowl you’ve ever seen. Combine strands of faux quartz beads with a lovely grey cowl to create a fun and fashionable accessory. For more traditional cowl lovers, the True Brit pattern displayed on p. 84 is sure to impress. Even if you don’t live anywhere near London, wearing the True Brit cowl will give you the courage (and warmth) to face even the chilliest of weather with its shoulder-hugging ponchette and close-fitting gaiter collar.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Garter Stitch Diaper Cover
- Basic Knit Hand Warmer
- Alnaar Harnish - Leelee Knits Knitting and Crochet
- Bumble Bee Hat Knitting Pattern
- Breezy Knit Market Bag
- Open Rib Knit Scarf
- Pink Marshmallow Cable Knit Hat
- Slouchy Knit Hat and Scarf
- Teal Ocean Cable Mittens
- Blyss Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You