Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
The Knitter's Book of Knowledge
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Coming from the world of crochet, I found The Knitter's Book of Knowledge to be quite helpful. Author, Debbie Bliss, is one of the world's most respected knitwear designer, so when she came out with this complete guide to essential knitting techniques, I jumped on it.
With information on everything from yarns and needles to tensioning and casting on, from basic stitches to beading and buttonholes, you're sure to learn something new. This book also goes over cabling and entrelac to finishing embellishments; it's the perfect guide for those just learning to knit (like me), as well as experienced knitters.
Included in The Knitter's Book of Knowledge is a variety of techniques for color and texture embellishments, information on popular weights, types and fibers of yarn, how to design your own knits and how to troubleshoot when you've made a mistake, as well as a step-by-step guide to understanding the terminology and language of written patterns.
What I like most about this book is there's a section on understanding knitting; it truly is great for beginners. This section goes over basic knitted fabrics, reading knitting patterns and charted patterns, gauge, substituting yarn, marking rounds, putting in lifelines, picking up stitches and so much more.
This 320-page guide book is a must-have in every knitter's book collection. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned vet, you're going to love this book.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Car Seat Blankets
- Chunky Knits: 31 Projects for You & Your Home Knit with Bulky Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rhapsody Lace Cardigan
- Polka Dot Stocking
- Serendipity Tweed Yarn
- Yaseen's Scarf
- Knitter's Pride SmartStix Holiday Gift Set
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Rainbow Ruffle Cowl
- Nordic-Inspired Knit Sweater
- Lovely Lattices Infinity Scarf
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You