The Knitter's Book of Knowledge
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Coming from the world of crochet, I found The Knitter's Book of Knowledge to be quite helpful. Author, Debbie Bliss, is one of the world's most respected knitwear designer, so when she came out with this complete guide to essential knitting techniques, I jumped on it.
With information on everything from yarns and needles to tensioning and casting on, from basic stitches to beading and buttonholes, you're sure to learn something new. This book also goes over cabling and entrelac to finishing embellishments; it's the perfect guide for those just learning to knit (like me), as well as experienced knitters.
Included in The Knitter's Book of Knowledge is a variety of techniques for color and texture embellishments, information on popular weights, types and fibers of yarn, how to design your own knits and how to troubleshoot when you've made a mistake, as well as a step-by-step guide to understanding the terminology and language of written patterns.
What I like most about this book is there's a section on understanding knitting; it truly is great for beginners. This section goes over basic knitted fabrics, reading knitting patterns and charted patterns, gauge, substituting yarn, marking rounds, putting in lifelines, picking up stitches and so much more.
This 320-page guide book is a must-have in every knitter's book collection. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned vet, you're going to love this book.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Have you ever wanted to help a loved one in need but didn't know how? Well, with this On the Wings of a Prayer Shawl, you can create… Continue reading: "On the Wings of a Prayer Shawlvideocam"
- Car Seat Blankets
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Lovely Knitted Lace
- Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- Easy Knit Projects Using the Knook
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Green Gables Knits
- Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Simple Shawl
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Child Moccasin Slipper Booties
- Amanda Saladin from Love. Life. Yarn.
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Bella Vita Blanket
- Snowflake Bulky Winter Hat
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- Suspended Bind Off Tutorial
- Seed Stitch Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You