Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
The Knitter's Book of Knowledge
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Coming from the world of crochet, I found The Knitter's Book of Knowledge to be quite helpful. Author, Debbie Bliss, is one of the world's most respected knitwear designer, so when she came out with this complete guide to essential knitting techniques, I jumped on it.
With information on everything from yarns and needles to tensioning and casting on, from basic stitches to beading and buttonholes, you're sure to learn something new. This book also goes over cabling and entrelac to finishing embellishments; it's the perfect guide for those just learning to knit (like me), as well as experienced knitters.
Included in The Knitter's Book of Knowledge is a variety of techniques for color and texture embellishments, information on popular weights, types and fibers of yarn, how to design your own knits and how to troubleshoot when you've made a mistake, as well as a step-by-step guide to understanding the terminology and language of written patterns.
What I like most about this book is there's a section on understanding knitting; it truly is great for beginners. This section goes over basic knitted fabrics, reading knitting patterns and charted patterns, gauge, substituting yarn, marking rounds, putting in lifelines, picking up stitches and so much more.
This 320-page guide book is a must-have in every knitter's book collection. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned vet, you're going to love this book.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Car Seat Blankets
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Knit Superheroes!
- Vogue Knitting Mittens & Gloves
- Step It Up Knits
- Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 5
- Cute Knits for Baby Feet
- Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups: 24 Stylish Designs for Boleros, Capes, Shrugs, Crop Tops, & More
- Knitted Flowers
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Candy Shop Textured Knit Scarf
- Pop of Color Knit Pouf
- Mindless Knit Mitten Pattern
- Easy Asymmetrical Knit Shawl
- Marly Bird Chic Sheep Yarn
- Knitted Baby Ballerina Shoes
- Wool Beanie with Faux Fur Pom Pom
- Knitted Baby Hat with Pom Poms
- Easy Peasy Hearts
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You