Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
This book is a great reference for beginners and experienced knitters alike. The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting by Margaret Hubert, is similar to Vogue Knitting, which is one of my favorite knitting books. There are a handful of projects scattered throughout the book, which are all clearly written and have nice large photos.
The beginning of the book has an interesting history of knitting, and then moves along to basic knitting techniques. All these techniques of cast ons, bind offs, shaping, and others have clear pictures, along with easy to understand written instructions. Included through the book, between projects, are 220 different stitch patterns. Each has a bright, clear photo to show the texture, and written step-by-step instructions.
I love these stitch patterns, and they are all well written. There is an interesting mix of stitches throughout the book, including some lacy stitches, some cables, and some color changing patterns. Each stitch pattern is shown in a different, vibrant color, and the texture of the stitch is easy to see. The photos throughout the book are clear, with simple backgrounds and a solid color of yarn, to really show off the texture or the technique being used. Some of the projects in this book include hats, scarves, sweaters, and a lacy short sleeved shirt.
There is a nice range of projects for adult sizes and children's sizes, so almost every knitter will find something they want to make for someone! Each stitch pattern is graded on the difficulty, and there is a good mix of all the levels. This book isn’t just for beginners, but it will certainly help them learn the art of knitting and become a nice reference for more advanced knitters as well.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Boyfriend Sweaters: 19 Designs for Him That You'll Want to Wear
- Enter to win a copy of Sweet Pickles!
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Power Cables: The Ultimate Guide to Knitting Inventive Cables
- Knitmare on Elm Street: 20 Projects That Go Bump in the Night
- Enter for a chance to win a copy of The Big Book of Knit Stitches!
- Knitting by Nature: 19 Patterns for Scarves, Wraps, and More
- Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
- Pop Knitting: Bold Motifs Using Color & Stitch
- Win the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Newborn Cable Hat
- Pastel Stripes Sweater
- Quick And Easy Pumpkin Knitting Patterns
- Is it Easier to Learn to Knit or Crochet?
- Fall Halloween Flower Wreath
- Simple Checkered Beanie
- Braided Headband
- Woodfire Square
- Anastasia Hoodie
- Hat In English Rib
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You