Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
This book is a great reference for beginners and experienced knitters alike. The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting by Margaret Hubert, is similar to Vogue Knitting, which is one of my favorite knitting books. There are a handful of projects scattered throughout the book, which are all clearly written and have nice large photos.
The beginning of the book has an interesting history of knitting, and then moves along to basic knitting techniques. All these techniques of cast ons, bind offs, shaping, and others have clear pictures, along with easy to understand written instructions. Included through the book, between projects, are 220 different stitch patterns. Each has a bright, clear photo to show the texture, and written step-by-step instructions.
I love these stitch patterns, and they are all well written. There is an interesting mix of stitches throughout the book, including some lacy stitches, some cables, and some color changing patterns. Each stitch pattern is shown in a different, vibrant color, and the texture of the stitch is easy to see. The photos throughout the book are clear, with simple backgrounds and a solid color of yarn, to really show off the texture or the technique being used. Some of the projects in this book include hats, scarves, sweaters, and a lacy short sleeved shirt.
There is a nice range of projects for adult sizes and children's sizes, so almost every knitter will find something they want to make for someone! Each stitch pattern is graded on the difficulty, and there is a good mix of all the levels. This book isn’t just for beginners, but it will certainly help them learn the art of knitting and become a nice reference for more advanced knitters as well.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Car Seat Blankets
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Dishcloths for Special Days
- Knit Red: Stitching for Women's Heart Health
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 8 Knit Glove Patterns
- Knit Gloves Pattern on Straight Needles
- Field Dishcloth
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Giles Table Runner
- Chunky Knit Rug
- Tasseled Women's Cardigan Pattern
- Contrasting Stripey Mitered Square
- Knit Drink Napkins
- Expression Fiber Arts Sparkle DK Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You