Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting
Gifted by: Knit Picks
Reviewed by Alyssa Titus for AllFreeKnitting.com
This book is a great reference for beginners and experienced knitters alike. The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting by Margaret Hubert, is similar to Vogue Knitting, which is one of my favorite knitting books. There are a handful of projects scattered throughout the book, which are all clearly written and have nice large photos.
The beginning of the book has an interesting history of knitting, and then moves along to basic knitting techniques. All these techniques of cast ons, bind offs, shaping, and others have clear pictures, along with easy to understand written instructions. Included through the book, between projects, are 220 different stitch patterns. Each has a bright, clear photo to show the texture, and written step-by-step instructions.
I love these stitch patterns, and they are all well written. There is an interesting mix of stitches throughout the book, including some lacy stitches, some cables, and some color changing patterns. Each stitch pattern is shown in a different, vibrant color, and the texture of the stitch is easy to see. The photos throughout the book are clear, with simple backgrounds and a solid color of yarn, to really show off the texture or the technique being used. Some of the projects in this book include hats, scarves, sweaters, and a lacy short sleeved shirt.
There is a nice range of projects for adult sizes and children's sizes, so almost every knitter will find something they want to make for someone! Each stitch pattern is graded on the difficulty, and there is a good mix of all the levels. This book isn’t just for beginners, but it will certainly help them learn the art of knitting and become a nice reference for more advanced knitters as well.
Read NextCool Chunky Knits Book Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Striping Sparkle Scrubby
The Striping Sparkle Scrubby is a wonderful free knit dishcloth pattern you will work up in no time. Two shades of blue combine to… Continue reading: "Striping Sparkle Scrubby"
- Enter for a chance to win a copy of Cool Chunky Knits!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Green Gables Knits
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Scarves & Cowls
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book Review
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- Simple Garter Stitch Dishcloth
- Double Seed Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Coaster
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You