Step It Up Knits
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Step It Up Knits
Gifted By Chronicle Books
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Stay warm and challenged with this wonderfully cozy new book by Vickie Howell. Step It Up Knits is filled with projects for the more advanced knitters or those ready to take that step to the next level. If you're a determined beginner, you'll be fine as well, but this book is not for the lazy or faint-at-heart because Howell is not messing around. She wants to make you a pro knitter in no time, and with projects to practice mitered squares, picot bind-offs, and lace knitting, you will be. Don't be intimidated; Howell is a very lenient teacher giving hints and helpful tips along the way. You'll have mastered all of the popular stitches by the time you close the cover of this truly fun and informative guide.
In Step It Up Knits you will find 25 giftable projects to make no matter the season. Adorable baby patterns, like Urban Kicks, which are the cutest little baby booties, are perfect milestone presents. The little ones will stay super cozy and cuddly with the precious projects Howell has created. Gifting for guys has not been forgotten, and is, in fact, highlighted with more than five gifts for your hubby. He'll love his handmade knits, especially a case to keep his iPad warm and ready to look up the latest sports updates. Of course presents for your girlfriends and for you are found throughout the book with beautiful patterns like a sparkly vest, the comfiest socks, and bobble stitch mittens to keep your hands warm and your smile warmer.
Howell's book progresses from beginning lessons to more challenging projects as it takes you from a knitter to an "oh my goodness, look at that scarf!" artist. If you're ready to knit up a storm, grab a copy of Step It Up Knits, and be prepared to amaze yourself.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Car Seat Blankets
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Lovely Knitted Lace
- Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- Easy Knit Projects Using the Knook
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Green Gables Knits
- Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Ann from Crazy Hands
- Super Simple Shawl
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Child Moccasin Slipper Booties
- Amanda Saladin from Love. Life. Yarn.
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Bella Vita Blanket
- Snowflake Bulky Winter Hat
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- Suspended Bind Off Tutorial
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You