Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Step It Up Knits
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Step It Up Knits
Gifted By Chronicle Books
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Stay warm and challenged with this wonderfully cozy new book by Vickie Howell. Step It Up Knits is filled with projects for the more advanced knitters or those ready to take that step to the next level. If you're a determined beginner, you'll be fine as well, but this book is not for the lazy or faint-at-heart because Howell is not messing around. She wants to make you a pro knitter in no time, and with projects to practice mitered squares, picot bind-offs, and lace knitting, you will be. Don't be intimidated; Howell is a very lenient teacher giving hints and helpful tips along the way. You'll have mastered all of the popular stitches by the time you close the cover of this truly fun and informative guide.
In Step It Up Knits you will find 25 giftable projects to make no matter the season. Adorable baby patterns, like Urban Kicks, which are the cutest little baby booties, are perfect milestone presents. The little ones will stay super cozy and cuddly with the precious projects Howell has created. Gifting for guys has not been forgotten, and is, in fact, highlighted with more than five gifts for your hubby. He'll love his handmade knits, especially a case to keep his iPad warm and ready to look up the latest sports updates. Of course presents for your girlfriends and for you are found throughout the book with beautiful patterns like a sparkly vest, the comfiest socks, and bobble stitch mittens to keep your hands warm and your smile warmer.
Howell's book progresses from beginning lessons to more challenging projects as it takes you from a knitter to an "oh my goodness, look at that scarf!" artist. If you're ready to knit up a storm, grab a copy of Step It Up Knits, and be prepared to amaze yourself.
Read NextMore Modern Top-Down Knitting
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Car Seat Blankets
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knit Two Colored Brioche Scarf
- 10 Free Knitted Bag Patterns for Beginners
- The Amber Cowl
- Simple Summer Top Knitting Pattern
- Iron Knit Hat
- Basic Ankle Socks
- Simple Brioche Headband
- Daydreamer Shawl
- Forest Beehive Shawlette
- Sage Knit Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You