Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Pick the Pieces
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Pick the Pieces
Written by Lorna Miser
Provided by Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Any parent can tell you that every child has his or her own personal style. For knitters, this translates into a potential difficulty with patterns. Finding a pattern that’s just right for Johnny or Susie can be a real challenge. Pick the Pieces, by Lorna Miser, boldly addresses the problem of pattern customization. The slim book contains twelve complete sweater patterns, as well as the necessary pattern parts—or sweater pieces—that can be used to customize a particular pattern. With 48 sweater pattern pieces to mix and match, Pick the Pieces offers knitters almost unlimited options for their knitting.
Featuring a mix of girls’ and boy’s sweater, this book is a powerful tool for knitters. You can start with a basic child’s sweater and change the neckline or sleeve length as you see fit. For knitters who want to make a personalized garment for a special child, Pick the Pieces is an invaluable resource. The book supplies numerous options for edging, front, sleeve, pockets, applique, and finishing. Each option is explored in-depth in a chapter devoted to that topic, complete with instructions, descriptions, and pictures.
There is a lot of information packed into this modest book. It features clear color pictures so that knitters can get a good idea of what a project looks like, clearly written instructions, and plenty of useful diagrams and illustrations. Beginning knitters looking to step up their game are sure to get a lot of use out of this friendly and accessible book.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Enter to win a copy of Knit Tops for Kids!
Car Seat Blankets
More Modern Top-Down Knitting
Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
Knit Stitch Guide
Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book Review
Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
Knit Hats for Babies
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 36 Free Knit Mitten Patterns
- 19 Easy Hat Knitting Patterns
- Slipped Stitch Studios
- Kristina Kittelson
- Go Crafty Travel Case
- Feminine Knit Slipper Pattern
- Knitted House Slippers for Him
- Pumpkin Spice Knit Slipper Pattern
- How to Weave In Ends As You Knit
- 5 Selvedge Edges for Knitting
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You