New American Knits
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
New American Knits: Classic Sportswear Patterns
Written by Amy Christoffers
Provided by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Sometimes it is easy to get carried away by a pattern. A particular color work sweater might not fit into your current wardrobe, but goodness it looks good on the model. Before you know it you’ve got a sweater on your hands that you’re not quite sure how to wear. My personal experiences with knitting sweaters have lead me to the conclusion that sometimes simple is better (even if you really want to show off your awesome knitting skills). One glance through Amy Christoffers’ New American Knits: Classic Sportswear Patterns shows that she has a deep appreciation for patterns that are designed with the everyday in mind. All of the patterns in the book are simple and incredibly wearable.
The simplicity of the pattern design makes every pattern in this book incredibly versatile. I love that each pattern is carefully crafted, but can also be used in a wide array of different styles of outfits. As a practical knitter, I really appreciate the deliberate approach Christoffers takes to each pattern. By focusing in on the basics, Christoffers has created a book full of patterns that will complement most wardrobes. Knitters of all ages and abilities will be able to appreciate the patterns in New American Knits.
I was incredibly charmed by the gorgeous patterns in New American Knits. I could easily envision myself wearing almost all of the patterns, which is not something I generally experience when flipping through a knitting book. All of the patterns in this book are winners, which in turn makes this one book you will absolutely want to keep on your shelf.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Enter to win a copy of Cozy Stash-Busting Knits!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Green Gables Knits
- Win a copy of 60 Quick Knit Baby Essentials!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- WIN Faux Taxidermy Knits!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You