Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Loop-d-Loop Lace: More Than 30 Novel LAce Designs for Knitters
Written by Teva Durham
Provided by Abrams Books
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Lace is one of the fields of knitting that seems much more difficult and intimidating that it really is. Loop-d-Loop Lace: More than 30 Novel Lace Designs for Knitters, written by Teva Durham, is full of accessible patterns for knitters with basic skills and up. Even looking through this book is a real treat for knitters; you get an excellent idea of the possibilities of lace.
The book is divided by types of lace, not by skill level, which I actually think is a bonus. Rather than telling readers what skills are needed, Durham leaves it up to the knitter to choose the project appropriate for his or her skill level. I think this organization is a great way to encourage readers to challenge themselves when it comes to knitting lace, which is always a good thing. Each section of the book features an introduction to the type of lace with a small gallery of the patterns, including a short write up about each pattern. The full patterns then follow the introduction, so each chapter of the book is totally encapsulated.
Durham utilizes a variety of yarn weights in her patterns too, which I really appreciated. Although we all love and admire the fine lace shawls knit with gossamer thin yarn, sometimes those projects are just too challenging to take on. By providing her readers with a wide array of patterns and yarns to choose from, Durham ensures that this book is suitable for a wide audience. Even those new to lace will find the patterns in this book inspiring and enchanting.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Beginner Snood Knit Pattern might be one of the most versatile pieces you ever make. This free knit snood pattern is essentially a… Continue reading: "Beginner Snood Knit Patternvideocam"
- Car Seat Blankets
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Win the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway!
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Win the Fantastic Finger Knitting Giveaway!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- All Wrapped Up Knit Pillow Pattern
- Reindeer Knit Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Winter Warmers Christmas Ornaments
- Easy "Corduroy" Scarf
- 8 Knit Glove Patterns
- Knit Gloves Pattern on Straight Needles
- Field Dishcloth
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Giles Table Runner
- Chunky Knit Rug
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You