Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Loop-d-Loop Lace: More Than 30 Novel LAce Designs for Knitters
Written by Teva Durham
Provided by Abrams Books
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Lace is one of the fields of knitting that seems much more difficult and intimidating that it really is. Loop-d-Loop Lace: More than 30 Novel Lace Designs for Knitters, written by Teva Durham, is full of accessible patterns for knitters with basic skills and up. Even looking through this book is a real treat for knitters; you get an excellent idea of the possibilities of lace.
The book is divided by types of lace, not by skill level, which I actually think is a bonus. Rather than telling readers what skills are needed, Durham leaves it up to the knitter to choose the project appropriate for his or her skill level. I think this organization is a great way to encourage readers to challenge themselves when it comes to knitting lace, which is always a good thing. Each section of the book features an introduction to the type of lace with a small gallery of the patterns, including a short write up about each pattern. The full patterns then follow the introduction, so each chapter of the book is totally encapsulated.
Durham utilizes a variety of yarn weights in her patterns too, which I really appreciated. Although we all love and admire the fine lace shawls knit with gossamer thin yarn, sometimes those projects are just too challenging to take on. By providing her readers with a wide array of patterns and yarns to choose from, Durham ensures that this book is suitable for a wide audience. Even those new to lace will find the patterns in this book inspiring and enchanting.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Garter Stitch Diaper Cover
- Basic Knit Hand Warmer
- Alnaar Harnish - Leelee Knits Knitting and Crochet
- Bumble Bee Hat Knitting Pattern
- Breezy Knit Market Bag
- Open Rib Knit Scarf
- Pink Marshmallow Cable Knit Hat
- Slouchy Knit Hat and Scarf
- Teal Ocean Cable Mittens
- Blyss Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You