Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World: 34 Heirloom Patterns in a Variety of Styles and Techniques
Kari Cornell, Editor
Gifted by Voyageur Press
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
You can take a tour in knitting from around the world in the comfort of your own home when you have Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World: 34 Heirloom Patterns in a Variety of Styles and Techniques in your library. This gorgeous book offers a fascinating sampling of knitting styles from every corner of the world. Flipping through the pages of this book really gives you a good idea of the different styles of knitting; being able to compare Japanese patterns to North American patterns acutely reveals the subtle differences between the types of knitting.
The layout of Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World is perfectly tailored to give readers a good sense of the patterns contained within the book. Each pattern has several large, color photos that display different detailed aspects of the patterns. I was glad to see the photography was of such good quality, because it is an important supporting feature for the theme of this book. The high quality pictures help to communicate the particulars of each pattern. I loved looking through the patterns and seeing the variety of ways that you could knit a pair of mittens and a hat.
I was impressed with the amount of detail given for each pattern. Every pattern was several pages long, because Cornell chose to provide numerous pictures, large detailed charts, clear instructions, and backgrounds for the patterns, as well as extensive notes. If you are interested in finding out more about different knitting traditions, this is a great book to pick up.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Car Seat Blankets
- Pop Knitting: Bold Motifs Using Color & Stitch
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Simple Summer Top Knitting Pattern
- Iron Knit Hat
- Basic Ankle Socks
- Simple Brioche Headband
- Daydreamer Shawl
- Forest Beehive Shawlette
- Sage Knit Hat
- Eater Bunny Free Knitting
- Easy Knit Face Scrubbies
- Summer Lace Rectangle Knit Shrug
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You