Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knit Refresher Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
I found Knit Refresher to be a very interesting book, due to the fact it has some new features. It contains bonus online tutorials, if you get stuck on a certain stitch or technique you can watch short videos on the Leisure Arts website. For the specific book you are working with there is a corresponding number that you type into your computer so you can watch the videos made specifically for the book you are using. There are also instructions on how to use the "knook." The knook is a specialized crochet hook, that makes it possible to create knitted fabric without the use of traditional knitting needles. The crochet hook has a long cable to hold all your stitches.
The first project in this book is a washcloth. The designer Melissa Leapman has the knitter start with the very basics, how to cast on, knit, purl, yarn over, knit 2 together, slip one as if to knit, and how to bind off. Once you have completed the washcloth, you are ready to go! The 10 baby blanket patterns range from beginner to intermediate.
Since the baby blankets are small, they work up rather quickly and you can make quite a few for those special little ones in your life. I guarantee you'll want to make all of them, they are all so cute; it's hard to choose just one.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
Car Seat Blankets
Green Gables Knits
Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 5
Win the Fantastic Finger Knitting Giveaway!
200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knitting for Charity: 31 Free Hat Patterns
- How to Knit the Feather and Fan Stitch
- 36 Free Knit Mitten Patterns
- 19 Easy Hat Knitting Patterns
- Slipped Stitch Studios
- Kristina Kittelson
- How to Knit a Hat
- Go Crafty Travel Case
- Feminine Knit Slipper Pattern
- Knitted House Slippers for Him
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You