Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Faux Taxidermy Knits
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Faux Taxidermy Knits
Gifted by F+W
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
It's safe to say that taxidermy–the art of stuffing the skins of animals to produce a lifelike effect–is not for everyone. Faux Taxidermy Knits is a critter-friendly, quirky take on this unusual hobby. This book of 15 patterns by Louise Walker turns tacky into trendy with ideas inspired by animals including foxes, crocodiles, moose, and more.
One glance at the cover of this book and readers know that Faux Taxidermy Knits was written by someone with a sense of humor. Indeed, Louise Walker not only knows how to find joy in what others might consider odd, she is a full time designer and professional knitter.
Faux Taxidermy is divided into two sections: Wearables and Habitat. The wearable projects, while fun, are also practical. Hats, slippers, mittens, wraps will keep a smile on your face during the chilliest months of the year. It's hard to pick a favorite, but the Hedgehog Slippers are so adorable that I'd have to make them first.
The Habitat portion of Faux Taxidermy Knits is a funky twist on home decor. Choose from door stops, rugs, coasters, and other items that will punch up any living space that needs a little flair. The Mole Doorstop and Badger Head are two prime examples, but the Owl Cosy takes the cake. This teapot cover looks just like an ivy-clad tree trunk with a trio of owlets perched on top. I just love their adorable wide eyes and their itty bitty feet!
Show the world your silly side with the patterns in Faux Taxidermy Knits. Every project is rated by skill level, so novice, intermediate, and advanced knitters alike can find a fun challenge in this book. With a generous number of step-out illustrations and detailed finishing instructions, even patterns that seem impossibly hard, such as the Tiger Rug, are within reach. Take a walk on the wild side with the projects in this collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Can you smell it? Spring is just around the corner. Don't put away your knitting needles just yet. This Lavender Fields Easy Knit… Continue reading: "Lavender Fields Easy Knit Shawl Pattern"
- Car Seat Blankets
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book Review
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- 60 Quick Luxury Knits: Easy, Elegant Projects for Every Day in the Venezia Collection from Cascade Yarns
- Enter to win a copy of Confessions of a Knitting Heretic!
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Knit Hats for Babies
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Win the Fantastic Finger Knitting Giveaway!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You