Faux Taxidermy Knits
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Faux Taxidermy Knits
Gifted by F+W
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
It's safe to say that taxidermy–the art of stuffing the skins of animals to produce a lifelike effect–is not for everyone. Faux Taxidermy Knits is a critter-friendly, quirky take on this unusual hobby. This book of 15 patterns by Louise Walker turns tacky into trendy with ideas inspired by animals including foxes, crocodiles, moose, and more.
One glance at the cover of this book and readers know that Faux Taxidermy Knits was written by someone with a sense of humor. Indeed, Louise Walker not only knows how to find joy in what others might consider odd, she is a full time designer and professional knitter.
Faux Taxidermy is divided into two sections: Wearables and Habitat. The wearable projects, while fun, are also practical. Hats, slippers, mittens, wraps will keep a smile on your face during the chilliest months of the year. It's hard to pick a favorite, but the Hedgehog Slippers are so adorable that I'd have to make them first.
The Habitat portion of Faux Taxidermy Knits is a funky twist on home decor. Choose from door stops, rugs, coasters, and other items that will punch up any living space that needs a little flair. The Mole Doorstop and Badger Head are two prime examples, but the Owl Cosy takes the cake. This teapot cover looks just like an ivy-clad tree trunk with a trio of owlets perched on top. I just love their adorable wide eyes and their itty bitty feet!
Show the world your silly side with the patterns in Faux Taxidermy Knits. Every project is rated by skill level, so novice, intermediate, and advanced knitters alike can find a fun challenge in this book. With a generous number of step-out illustrations and detailed finishing instructions, even patterns that seem impossibly hard, such as the Tiger Rug, are within reach. Take a walk on the wild side with the projects in this collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Pop Knitting: Bold Motifs Using Color & Stitch
- Knitting Pattern Essentials: Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- 60 Quick Luxury Knits: Easy, Elegant Projects for Every Day in the Venezia Collection from Cascade Yarns
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Green Gables Knits
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You