Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Everything the Internet Didn’t Teach You about Knitting
Gifted by Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Anyone who’s ever picked up any sort of knitting book or magazine knows that there is always a brief tutorial at the back of the book. Complete with tiny pictures, these quick tutorials show you the basics of knitting and purling. Theoretically, beginners can learn to knit from these pictures without too much trouble. The issues come later though—if a person is learning from a book, learning about gauge and the difference in needle size can become a daunting dilemma. Tutorials teaching you the physical movements are all well and good, but beginning knitters also need access to the fundamentals of knitting. Everything the Internet Didn’t Teach You about Knitting, written by the charming and informative Rita Weiss, is specifically aimed at the beginner who learned to knit from the back of a magazine or from Youtube.
Starting with the tools of the trade—knitting needles and yarn—Weiss walks through all of the aspects of knitting beginners might need to know about. If there are any gaps in your knowledge of knitting basics, this book is sure to fill in the gaps. Weiss explains guage, common abbreviations, and basic techniques in clear, easily understandable language. To pull everything together, the book includes some easy beginner patterns to start you off on the right foot.
You can easily fit this slim booklet into your knitting bag or purse, so you can confidently travel with your knitting. From knitting increases and decreases to how to make pom poms, Everything the Internet Didn’t Teach You about Knitting will teach you everything you need to know to start knitting up a storm.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Win the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway!
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Green Gables Knits
- Spin Art: Mastering the Craft of Spinning Textured Yarn
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Knit Flowers: 39 Easy Knitting Patterns
- Salt And Pepper Cardigan
- 30 Merino Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You