Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Everything the Internet Didn’t Teach You about Knitting
Gifted by Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Anyone who’s ever picked up any sort of knitting book or magazine knows that there is always a brief tutorial at the back of the book. Complete with tiny pictures, these quick tutorials show you the basics of knitting and purling. Theoretically, beginners can learn to knit from these pictures without too much trouble. The issues come later though—if a person is learning from a book, learning about gauge and the difference in needle size can become a daunting dilemma. Tutorials teaching you the physical movements are all well and good, but beginning knitters also need access to the fundamentals of knitting. Everything the Internet Didn’t Teach You about Knitting, written by the charming and informative Rita Weiss, is specifically aimed at the beginner who learned to knit from the back of a magazine or from Youtube.
Starting with the tools of the trade—knitting needles and yarn—Weiss walks through all of the aspects of knitting beginners might need to know about. If there are any gaps in your knowledge of knitting basics, this book is sure to fill in the gaps. Weiss explains guage, common abbreviations, and basic techniques in clear, easily understandable language. To pull everything together, the book includes some easy beginner patterns to start you off on the right foot.
You can easily fit this slim booklet into your knitting bag or purse, so you can confidently travel with your knitting. From knitting increases and decreases to how to make pom poms, Everything the Internet Didn’t Teach You about Knitting will teach you everything you need to know to start knitting up a storm.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Green Gables Knits
- A Handknit Romance: 22 Vintage Designs with Lovely Details
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Car Seat Blankets
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Knit Stitch Guide
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You