Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Beginner-Friendly Knitting Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you're ready for a challenge, and want to expand your skills, Beginner-Friendly Knitting is just the book for you! We've all been there before; we've practiced, and practiced garter stitch, purling, and stockinette stitch. We've made numerous scarves for our family and friends, and now we are ready to branch out, but have no idea what to make. This book solves that problem.
Beginner-Friendly Knitting contains pretty, and useful patterns suitable to give as gifts. The items include, hats, cowls, leg warmers, and blankets, just to name a few. The pattern ratings are beginner to easy. The first pattern in the book is a hat; this particular hat is knit on straight needles, and then sewn up the back. Once you make this hat you will have the confidence to try some of the other patterns in the book. The leg warmers utilize candy colored yarn, and would be a perfect gift for any women on your list. There are also some quick and easy patterns for pot holders, dishcloths, and coffee cozies if you need to make a lot of items for a church bazaar, or rummage sale.
In the back of the book there are some new stitch terminology, and tips to pique your interest. Yarn Over (YO), Knit 2 stitches together (K2tog), how to attach new yarn, how to weave in ends, and how to sew seams, are some of the things you will learn.
If you choose to make all of the patterns in the book, you'll have a nice assortment of gifts to give during the holiday season. Remember it's "Christmas in July" if you start knitting now, all of your friends and family will be so impressed, and they'll be sure to cherish their hand knitted gift for years to come.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World
- Knitted Flowers
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Loom Knit Hats and Scarves
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Poncho Rebound!
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Knitting by Nature: 19 Patterns for Scarves, Wraps, and More
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Gentle Swells
- Easy To Knit Slippers
- What Can I Knit With 500 Yards of Yarn?
- Cable Knit Slippers For Childen And Adults
- Cool Stripes Hat
- A Message from The Editors of AllFreeKnitting
- Happy Wedding Shawlette
- Dina Baby Blanket
- Rameez Baby Blanket
- Saleha Convertible Gloves
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You