Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Beginner-Friendly Knitting Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you're ready for a challenge, and want to expand your skills, Beginner-Friendly Knitting is just the book for you! We've all been there before; we've practiced, and practiced garter stitch, purling, and stockinette stitch. We've made numerous scarves for our family and friends, and now we are ready to branch out, but have no idea what to make. This book solves that problem.
Beginner-Friendly Knitting contains pretty, and useful patterns suitable to give as gifts. The items include, hats, cowls, leg warmers, and blankets, just to name a few. The pattern ratings are beginner to easy. The first pattern in the book is a hat; this particular hat is knit on straight needles, and then sewn up the back. Once you make this hat you will have the confidence to try some of the other patterns in the book. The leg warmers utilize candy colored yarn, and would be a perfect gift for any women on your list. There are also some quick and easy patterns for pot holders, dishcloths, and coffee cozies if you need to make a lot of items for a church bazaar, or rummage sale.
In the back of the book there are some new stitch terminology, and tips to pique your interest. Yarn Over (YO), Knit 2 stitches together (K2tog), how to attach new yarn, how to weave in ends, and how to sew seams, are some of the things you will learn.
If you choose to make all of the patterns in the book, you'll have a nice assortment of gifts to give during the holiday season. Remember it's "Christmas in July" if you start knitting now, all of your friends and family will be so impressed, and they'll be sure to cherish their hand knitted gift for years to come.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Car Seat Blankets
- Pop Knitting: Bold Motifs Using Color & Stitch
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Simple Summer Top Knitting Pattern
- Iron Knit Hat
- Basic Ankle Socks
- Simple Brioche Headband
- Daydreamer Shawl
- Forest Beehive Shawlette
- Sage Knit Hat
- Eater Bunny Free Knitting
- Easy Knit Face Scrubbies
- Summer Lace Rectangle Knit Shrug
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You