Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
All About Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
When you first start knitting, you may feel a little lost. Different types of yarn, confusing abbreviations, and tools that look and sound made up will have your head spinning. In Martingale's All About Knitting, you will be taken step-by-step through both instructions and explanations of anything you might have a question about. Starting with an overview, heading into tutorials, and ending with plenty of free patterns, this book is perfect for any new or old knitter.
Even before the book's introduction it contains useful information on the technicalities of knitting. On page four there is a note about buying yarn, outlining dye lots and which types of yarn should be used when, and following on page six is an abbreviation guide. Keeping this guide in the front of the book is handy because you can flip back and forth with ease. You don't need to memorize a page number in the middle of the book to remind yourself of what "co" means. Just flip to the front of the book, and your problem will be solved.
This book is divided into 17 sections of instructions and patterns. Before you begin the patterns section, there are many tutorials to practice so that you are ready come your first full project. My favorite aspect of this book is this section because after you practice, you can head into the full patterns with confidence. With projects to work up like a pretty tote bag and a big eared bunny, you don't want any mistakes slowing you down.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Win a Beautiful Knitting Book Bundle!
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Cute Knits for Baby Feet
- Sock-Yarn Shawls: 15 Lacy Knitted Shawl Patterns
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You